Jan 22, 2014, 10:04 AM PDT
He may be the star of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but Andy Samberg reps the Bay Area. The Berkeley native is often seen rocking an A’s hat in his music videos and is a big 49ers fan. Understandably, Samberg was pretty upset after the 49ers were defeated by the Seahawks on Sunday.
He chose to vent his frustration during the Late Show with David Letterman, in a passionate and surprisingly G-rated Seahawks rant.
— 49ers rookie safety Eric Reid will be playing the Pro Bowl. All of the other 49ers opted out.
— Former SJSU quarterback David Fales transformed himself from a passer nobody wanted at the collegiate level to a prime draft pick, writes Raiders Insider Scott Bair from the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama.
— Imagine how cool it would be to watch sports through the eyes of your favorite player. It’s getting closer to happening.
— The New York Yankees and pitcher Masahiro Tanaka have reportedly agreed to a seven-year, $155 million contract. His numbers in Japan are impressive, but that’s an awful lot of money for a guy that hasn’t played ball in America. Baseball is a filthy rich sport, though, and teams like the Yankees have more than enough money to burn.
All the more reason Bud Selig deserves the inaugural Bud Selig Leadership Award. Yup. MLB commissioner Bud Selig will be receiving the Bud Selig Leadership Award. Good thing he probably doesn’t know how to use the internet, because he’d find a lot of people pointing out how ridiculous that sounds.
Field of Links:
— LeBron James received a WWE Championship Belt from The Rock. You can tell he’s legitimately excited about it.
— Where’s the beef? It’s in Danica Patrick’s new Go Daddy ad.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Ever wonder what it's like to run in the A's Hall of Fame Race?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- 49ers' new stadium reaches a major milestone
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- With young fan's signature on his back, Khris Davis hits huge homer
- Firefighter Died After Fire Retardant Drop on NorCal Blaze
- Giants eke out win thanks to Mets' 13th-inning blunder
- Giants Snap 4-Game Slide on Mets' Dropped Pop-Up in 13th
- 'Look out!' Giants take lead on Mets' 13th-inning error
- Khris Davis rocks jersey signed by young fan on Make-A-Wish night
- Crews Battle Three-Alarm House Fire Burning in East San Jose
- San Carlos Airport Begins Burning Man Flights This Week
- BART Studies Systemwide Gate Overhaul to Curb Fare Evaders
- Tony Watson gets Giants out of jam with clutch double play
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|