Jan 22, 2014, 6:30 PM PDT
The Golden State Warriors haven’t won an NBA Championship since 1975, but their fans consistently pack the house and support the team. After a trip to the Western Conference Semifinals, the turnstiles are clicking and the merchandise sales are continuing to increase.
According to Forbes, the Warriors are worth $750 million, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The average NBA team is worth $634 million, up 25 percent from last year. The New York Knick top the list with an estimated value of $1.4 billion. Here’s the entire list.
The Top 10 Most Valuable Teams in the NBA (according to Forbes)
1. New York Knicks ($1.4 billion)
2. Los Angeles Lakers ($1.35 billion)
3. Chicago Bulls ($1 billion)
4. Boston Celtics ($875 million)
5. Brooklyn Nets ($780 million)
6. Houston Rockets ($775 million)
7. Miami Heat ($770 million)
8. Dallas Mavericks ($765 million)
9. Golden State Warriors ($750 million)
10. San Antonio Spurs ($660 million)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- COMING UP: Warriors vs. Pelicans
- Giants lineup: Bochy sticks with McGehee
- Dodgers' Puig aggravates hamstring injury, DL possible
- LIVE: Astros vs. A's
- Cal cuts ties with coach caught in prostitution sting
- Warriors assign McAdoo to Santa Cruz
- Questions surround potential 49ers cornerback target
- A's lineup: Muncy at third, batting seventh in MLB debut
- 49ers draft outlook: Inside linebacker
- Goodell: LA projects viable for bringing team back
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|