Jan 22, 2014, 6:30 PM PDT
The Golden State Warriors haven’t won an NBA Championship since 1975, but their fans consistently pack the house and support the team. After a trip to the Western Conference Semifinals, the turnstiles are clicking and the merchandise sales are continuing to increase.
According to Forbes, the Warriors are worth $750 million, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The average NBA team is worth $634 million, up 25 percent from last year. The New York Knick top the list with an estimated value of $1.4 billion. Here’s the entire list.
The Top 10 Most Valuable Teams in the NBA (according to Forbes)
1. New York Knicks ($1.4 billion)
2. Los Angeles Lakers ($1.35 billion)
3. Chicago Bulls ($1 billion)
4. Boston Celtics ($875 million)
5. Brooklyn Nets ($780 million)
6. Houston Rockets ($775 million)
7. Miami Heat ($770 million)
8. Dallas Mavericks ($765 million)
9. Golden State Warriors ($750 million)
10. San Antonio Spurs ($660 million)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- What's up with Doolittle's pink backpack?
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Letter to the editor about Seahawks crowd noise sparks internet firestorm
- Paul joins Internet's reaction to Curry juke: 'Got me'
- Kaepernick's base salary for 2015 now fully guaranteed
- After past resistance, leagues unified against discrimination
- Randle leads Stanford past ODU, into NIT title game
- A's bang out 18 hits, beat Angels 13-10
- Maxwell drives in three in Giants' 4-3 win over Rockies
- Giants DFA former top pick Brown to make room for Maxwell
- Fedun makes Sharks debut in difficult situation
- Sharks' Vlasic day-to-day; Mueller done; Stalock likely vs. Avs
- Ranadive: Mullin 'natural fit' for St. John's
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|