Field of Links: Brandon Jacobs rips Harbaugh, Kap is a good sport, Seahawks fan makes a huge mistake
Jan 23, 2014, 9:55 AM PDT
Retired folks say the darndest things. Brandon Jacobs is done with football, so he doesn’t have to worry about burning bridges. During a radio interview with WFAN on Thursday, Jacobs had some VERY harsh words for 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh.
“He is a b—-, and that’s why he’s never won anything,” Jacobs said.
Jacobs was signed by the 49ers in 2012, and didn’t see the field much. He was inactive for most of the season and was eventually suspended by the 49ers.
To be fair, he also wasn’t afraid to voice his displeasure when he was with the 49ers.
— Even after Richard Sherman made a choking gesture toward Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers quarterback still congratulated Russell Wilson. The exchange was revealed during Showtime’s Inside the NFL.
Wilson: “Hey, great game, man.”
Kaepernick: “Hey, good luck to you. Go get yourself a ring, baby.”
49ers Insider Matt Maiocco notes there were many instances of underreported good sportsmanship because of Sherman’s heated rant.
— 49ers rookie safety Eric Reid was stoked to be drafted to Jerry Rice’s Pro Bowl team.
— A cheerleader is suing the Oakland Raiders. This could potentially become a much bigger story. Since it’s a class action lawsuit, any Raiderette from the previous four seasons can seek damages. NFL cheerleaders don’t get paid very much for their services, and this could become a widespread issue.
— Four Golden State Warriors and one Sacramento King were added to the Team USA’s basketball roster. Monte Poole has the details.
Time for some links!
Field of Links:
— PSA: Don’t plan you wedding for Super Bowl Sunday like this poor Seahawks fan.
— The Team USA uniforms for the opening ceremony in Sochi are interesting. Yeah, let’s go with interesting.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Livingston on Kerr: 'He’s our leader ... somebody that we count on'
- New Raiders RB Hood modeled game after Marshawn, wants to learn from Lynch
- Lynch: TE McDonald to return to 49ers after being on trade block
- Lynch: 49ers expected to pick up Ward's fifth-year option
- A's Notes: Date for Sonny Gray's first start of season set
- Raiders select DT Treyvon Hester in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Raiders select RB Elijah Hood in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Cal Fire Rescues Man Who Fell Into Gilroy Well
- Giants lineup: Nunez in right field against Padres
- People's Climate March Draws Hundreds Across Bay Area
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|