Jan 23, 2014, 3:39 PM PDT
Everybody loves free stuff and the San Francisco Giants plan to give away a lot of it this upcoming season — with the purchase of a ticket, of course. Naturally, we’ll start by taking a look at the bobbleheads.
Apr. 9) Hunter Pence Bobblehead
Apr. 25) Duane Kuiper Bobblehead
Jun. 28) Brandon Crawford or Brandon Belt Bobblehead
Jul. 13) Angel Pagan Bobblehead
The prize possession of the lot is certainly the Hunter Pence scooter-riding bobble.
It’s not a slight on any of the other players, but the bobblehead commemorating Giants broadcaster Duane Kuiper’s only career home run is also a must-have item for novelty purposes. It will be handed out to the first 40,000 fans at the game on Apr. 25, when the Cleveland Indians are in town. Kuiper, of course, hit his lone home run as a member of the Indians.
The Giants will be offering a standard fare of other interesting giveaway gear. It’s fair to assume the Sergio Romo superhero socks will be in high demand, as will the Star Wars R2D2 beanie. Here are some of the highlights.
Apr. 26) 1954 NY Giants Replica World Series Ring
Apr. 27) Pablo Sandoval Kids Bat
May 16) Tim Lincecum Orange Friday T-Shirt
May 25) Giants BBQ Apron
May 26) Giants Beach Towel
Jun. 7) Sergio Romo Super Hero Socks
Jun. 8) Hello Kitty Giants Plush
Jun. 14) Madison Bumgarner Camo Cap
Jul. 12) 25th Anniversary of Dave Dravecky’s comeback – Commemorative Pin
Aug. 31) Star Wars R2D2 Beanie
Individual tickets for the 2014 season will go on sale during Giants FanFest on February 1. The Giants have sold out their last 246 regular season home games, which is the longest active streak in Major League Baseball.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Redick got 'break-up call,' can't put finger on why Clippers didn't have fun
- The real issue that lingers now that OJ Simpson is a free man
- Down on the Farm: Voice of the River Cats evaluates Giants prospects
- Curry likes response to tweet comparing OJ Simpson hearing to 3-1 lead
- Steve Nash doesn't watch every Warriors game: 'I would think my value...'
- 49ers offense: Top competitions entering training camp
- 70,096-Acre Detwiler Fire Guts 45 Structures Near Yosemite
- SF Mayor Will Sign Eviction Law Following NBC Investigation
- Report: Cavs in serious talks with Derrick Rose
- Spieth, Koepka and Kuchar share Open lead
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|