Case of the Mondays: Curry’s ‘Grammy Shoes’ light up the court, Seattle restaurant offers ‘Crabtree’s Tears’
Jan 27, 2014, 10:22 AM PDT
Welcome to A case of the Mondays. There’s always a lot going on during the weekend. If you weren’t lucky enough to spend the past two days on the couch, you can catch up on the top five sports items you may have missed here.
No. 1 – As good as gold: Stephen Curry put the “gold” in Golden State on Sunday. The Warriors star guard donned a custom pair of Under Armor shoes that featured a shiny gold exterior and tuxedo soles.
Curry’s “Grammy kicks” might have gone unnoticed among the glitz and glamor of the red carpet, but they were perfection on the hardwood.
Curry’s star shined bright as he led the Warriors with 38 points and eight assists to help beat the Portland Trail Blazers.
No. 2 – Retweet me and I’ll stay: 49ers fans were given the rare opportunity to make general manager Trent Baalke’s job easier. On Friday, 49ers safety and soon-to-be free agent Donte Whitner asked fans to retweet him if they want him to retire as a 49er. While thousands of fans obliged, it will still take millions of dollars to get a deal done.
No. 3 – Enough already: A restaurant in Seattle is selling a sandwich named “Crabtree’s Tears” for $8. Seattle Biscuit Co. proudly tweeted about their creation on Saturday. You’d think it would include crab of some kind, but it’s actually a biscuit with ham, caramelized onions, and sweet onion mustard. In other words, it makes no sense. Nice effort, Seattle. Good luck in the Super Bowl.
No. 4 – Moth Delay: Los Angeles rolled out the red carpet for the NHL Stadium series game at Dodgers Stadium. There was a live Kiss concert, a group of ladies doing yoga near the rink, celebrities, and oh yeah, hockey. Over 54,000 fans packed the stands to see the first ever outdoor NHL game in California, and they were all treated to one of the strangest delays in recent memory.
Check out how a moth stole the show before the Kings defeated the Ducks 3-0.
No. 5 – Beats by Richard: Say what you will about Richard Sherman, but he’s the kind of guy you want on your side. And if his smack talk bothers you, no problem. He’ll buy you noise-canceling head phones worth more than your car. Check out these gold and diamond encrusted Beats.
Three to see:
If you’ve made it this far, clearly you have some time on your hands. Here are three stories that you simply must see:
— Giants reliever Jeremy Affeldt is a very good reliever, but he’s a great humanitarian.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Steph Curry explains his new flavored mouthguards
- Sharks show their toughness in Saturday night bout with Islanders
- Sharks lay the hammer on Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night'
- Watch Rajon Rondo punch Chris Paul in Lakers-Rockets NBA brawl
- Shot of the Game: Brent Burns scores his first goal of the season
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in San Jose's 4-1 win over the Islanders
- Brent Burns' first goal of the season sounds even better in Spanish
- 'GOL LOS TIBURONES DE SAN JOSE!' Joonas Donskoi give Sharks a 2-1 lead
- Watch the Sharks' goals vs. Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night' in Spanish
- Sharks fan catches puck while on the phone
- Tiempo de Timo: Meier scores for Sharks on 'Los Tiburones Night'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|