Jan 28, 2014, 10:16 AM PST
One of the most interesting developments during Super Bowl Media Day occurred away from the podium. Now infamous Seattle Seahawks cornerback, Richard Sherman, wrote another article for SI.com’s MMQB in which he expressed regret for his derogatory comments about San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree following the NFC Championship. Here’s an excerpt:
If I could pass a lesson on to the kids it would be this: Don’t attack anybody. I shouldn’t have attacked Michael Crabtree the way I did. You don’t have to put anybody else down to make yourself bigger.
Whether you love him or hate him, it’s worth checking out the rest of Sherman’s insights. It appears the Stanford graduate has completely come to his senses and put things into perspective.
— 49ers insider Matt Maiocco believes Anquan Boldin and Phil Dawson are top candidates to be signed before free agency. It’s hard to imagine the team without their production.
— San Jose Sharks backup goalie Alex Stalock broke Evgeni Nabokov’s shutout streak record, but the Sharks couldn’t find a way to beat the Los Angeles Kings.
— Itching to get back into AT&T Park? The San Francisco Giants are holding an open casting call for their new commercials. They’ll be filmed January 29-31.
— A Full Squad birthday party! Warriors players surprised Andre Iguodala to celebrate his 30th birthday.
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kings trio puts on a show at 2019 NBA Rising Stars Challenge in Charlotte
- Records Challenge Nebraska's Account of Washington Case
- Why Colin Kaepernick's NFL settlement doesn't mean he'll rejoin league
- 75-Year-Old Woman Miraculously Survives Sausalito Landslide
- Klay Thompson volunteers his time to kick off All-Star Weekend in Charlotte
- Get primed for the NBA 3-point shooting contest featuring Curry vs. Curry
- UPS Driver Praised for Purposely Driving Slow During Pursuit
- Bat Found at Southland Mall Tests Positive for Rabies
- Oakland Teachers May Strike Next Week
- Steph Curry sits down for exclusive interview from NBA All-Star Weekend
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|