Jan 28, 2014, 10:16 AM PDT
One of the most interesting developments during Super Bowl Media Day occurred away from the podium. Now infamous Seattle Seahawks cornerback, Richard Sherman, wrote another article for SI.com’s MMQB in which he expressed regret for his derogatory comments about San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree following the NFC Championship. Here’s an excerpt:
If I could pass a lesson on to the kids it would be this: Don’t attack anybody. I shouldn’t have attacked Michael Crabtree the way I did. You don’t have to put anybody else down to make yourself bigger.
Whether you love him or hate him, it’s worth checking out the rest of Sherman’s insights. It appears the Stanford graduate has completely come to his senses and put things into perspective.
— 49ers insider Matt Maiocco believes Anquan Boldin and Phil Dawson are top candidates to be signed before free agency. It’s hard to imagine the team without their production.
— San Jose Sharks backup goalie Alex Stalock broke Evgeni Nabokov’s shutout streak record, but the Sharks couldn’t find a way to beat the Los Angeles Kings.
— Itching to get back into AT&T Park? The San Francisco Giants are holding an open casting call for their new commercials. They’ll be filmed January 29-31.
— A Full Squad birthday party! Warriors players surprised Andre Iguodala to celebrate his 30th birthday.
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Tomas Hertl nets Sharks' first shorthanded goal of 2019 season
- Fired-up Robert Saleh admits he blacked out during 49ers celebrations
- Stanford Student Drugged at Campus Party: University Police
- California Governor Ends Legislative Session With Vetoes
- Patrick Marleau tears up after warm welcome from Sharks fans in return home
- Why it's time to recognize undefeated 49ers as an elite NFL contender
- Watch Sharks' Patrick Marleau receive huge ovation in first home game
- Two Small Earthquakes Strike Southeast of San Jose
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo says key to 5-0 start is complementary football
- Robert Saleh's fiery personality rubbing off on dominant 49ers defense
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|