Jan 29, 2014, 1:28 PM PDT
It was a trick shot that Dude Perfect would have been proud of, and it happened in a real basketball game.
With less than a second left on the game clock, Alameda’s St. Joseph Notre Dame High School forward Temidayo Yussuf heaved the ball an estimated 80 feet to send the game into overtime. Everyone in the gym went berserk upon realizing what happened.
The special moment was short lived, however, as El Cerrito High School ended up winning the game in overtime.
“That’s the beauty of the game — in one second you’re happy and in the next second, you’re sad,” St. Joseph’s coach Don Lippi said. “To have that emotional roller coaster is hard to deal with sometimes.”
In the end, the 80-foot game-tying shot will be a lifelong memory for 17-year-old Yussuf and his teammates, and they’ll surely soon forget the final score.
(Wire services contributed to this report)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kings' 10 best free agency options to fill small forward vacancy
- NBA free agency 2019 predictions: Landing spots for marquee names
- Warriors announce 2019 NBA Summer League roster, broadcast schedule
- California Seeks to Bring High-Tech to State Government
- Women's World Cup rankings: How USWNT stands among quarterfinalists
- Why Rockets' reported Jimmy Butler pursuit might be good for Warriors
- WATCH: Giants vs. Rockies
- How Liam Hendriks turned into A's bullpen star one year after being DFA'd
- Jordan Poole highlights: How Warriors' 2019 first-round draft pick can help
- Film Room: What first-round draft pick Jordan Poole adds to Warriors
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|