Jan 29, 2014, 1:28 PM PDT
It was a trick shot that Dude Perfect would have been proud of, and it happened in a real basketball game.
With less than a second left on the game clock, Alameda’s St. Joseph Notre Dame High School forward Temidayo Yussuf heaved the ball an estimated 80 feet to send the game into overtime. Everyone in the gym went berserk upon realizing what happened.
The special moment was short lived, however, as El Cerrito High School ended up winning the game in overtime.
“That’s the beauty of the game — in one second you’re happy and in the next second, you’re sad,” St. Joseph’s coach Don Lippi said. “To have that emotional roller coaster is hard to deal with sometimes.”
In the end, the 80-foot game-tying shot will be a lifelong memory for 17-year-old Yussuf and his teammates, and they’ll surely soon forget the final score.
(Wire services contributed to this report)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Giants Notes: Span feeling better, hopes to return to lineup Wednesday
- Injuries to Hahn, Alonso compound A's loss to Marlins
- Proposed High School Site Near Santa Rita Jail Rejected
- Consumers Feel Duped by Local Matchmaker
- Bay Area on Heightened Alert Following Manchester Bombing
- SF-Bound United Flight Evacuated at Newark Airport
- Saratoga High Student Arrested for Threatening Violence
- Alonso feels 'lucky,' thought he broke wrist on HBP
- SF Public Defender Launches New Immigration Court Unit
- Hahn goes into detail about injury that forced him out of game vs Miami
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|