Jan 29, 2014, 5:12 PM PDT
Rumors of a Colin Kaepernick and Cam Newton feud are greatly exaggerated. The two up-and-coming NFL quarterbacks will be sharing the stage as co-hosts of Cartoon Network’s Hall of Game Awards on February 17.
The last time these two shared a national stage, Kaepernick famously stole Newton’s signature “Superman” touchdown celebration. Of course, Kaepernick downplayed the incident.
“Just a little shout out,” said Kaepernick, after beating Newton and the Panthers in the postseason.
Cartoon Network is clearly hoping to capitalize on the budding rivalry between the two young quarterbacks. Perhaps it will lead to some interesting exchanges. Kaepernick is known to be a man of few words.
“I’m looking forward to sharing the stage with Cam as host this year,” said Kaepernick in a press release. “We’ve both made appearances at past shows, but taking over as hosts? Let’s just say we’re going to take it to another level.”
In the past, the show has been hosted by Tony Hawk, Shaquille O’Neil and Nick Cannon. Fans vote to determine the winners of categories that include sports, fashion, professional wrestling, and cartoons.
“While both of us are newcomers to hosting, we’re both high-energy guys, ready to get down to business,” Newton said in the release. “We’re going to be surrounded by so many sports, TV and movie icons, that this show is guaranteed to be the best one yet.”
Kaepernick is up for a style award, and the Golden State Warriors are up against the Seattle Seahawks for an award that honors the best sports fan base. It could get a bit awkward if the Seahawks win that one.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Madison Bumgarner joins the Giants' scooter-riding ranks
- Shot of the Game: Thornton converts in two-on-one situation
- Ex-49er Tukuafu to take FB job for Seahawks
- Rewind: Sharks flounder late, waste strong start from Niemi
- Saints top Panthers 28-10 to take NFC South lead
- NCAA denies Georgia's appeal of Gurley suspension
- Championships often a freebie for knucklehead brigade
- Instant Replay: Sharks blow lead, fall to Wild in shootout
- Rams-49ers Matchup No. 3: Davis vs. Reid
- Bonds celebrates Giants' World Series victory with fans
- 49ers injury report: Ward back to practice, set to regain role
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|