Jan 29, 2014, 5:12 PM PDT
Rumors of a Colin Kaepernick and Cam Newton feud are greatly exaggerated. The two up-and-coming NFL quarterbacks will be sharing the stage as co-hosts of Cartoon Network’s Hall of Game Awards on February 17.
The last time these two shared a national stage, Kaepernick famously stole Newton’s signature “Superman” touchdown celebration. Of course, Kaepernick downplayed the incident.
“Just a little shout out,” said Kaepernick, after beating Newton and the Panthers in the postseason.
Cartoon Network is clearly hoping to capitalize on the budding rivalry between the two young quarterbacks. Perhaps it will lead to some interesting exchanges. Kaepernick is known to be a man of few words.
“I’m looking forward to sharing the stage with Cam as host this year,” said Kaepernick in a press release. “We’ve both made appearances at past shows, but taking over as hosts? Let’s just say we’re going to take it to another level.”
In the past, the show has been hosted by Tony Hawk, Shaquille O’Neil and Nick Cannon. Fans vote to determine the winners of categories that include sports, fashion, professional wrestling, and cartoons.
“While both of us are newcomers to hosting, we’re both high-energy guys, ready to get down to business,” Newton said in the release. “We’re going to be surrounded by so many sports, TV and movie icons, that this show is guaranteed to be the best one yet.”
Kaepernick is up for a style award, and the Golden State Warriors are up against the Seattle Seahawks for an award that honors the best sports fan base. It could get a bit awkward if the Seahawks win that one.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lead Design Engineer For Troubled Millennium Subpoenaed
- California Coastal Commission Orders Martins Beach Reopened
- SF Leaders Vote Unanimously to Rename Justin Herman Plaza
- Key California Farm District Rejects Governor's Tunnels Plan
- Lowrie's Grand Slam Powers A's Past Tigers
- SJ Chipotle Worker Complains of Sexual Harassment
- Passengers Arriving at SFO From Mexico City Shaken, Relieved
- Cueto, Pence Power Giants to Walk-off Win Over Rockies
- The Performance Of A Lifetime: Facebook Engineer With Terminal Illness Takes To The Stage
- What the heck did Johnny Cueto say to Hunter Pence on slow home run trot??/
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard stopped…|