Jan 29, 2014, 1:03 PM PST
You best not bring delicious cookies to Rod Streater’s porch, because he WILL take them.
The standout Oakland Raiders wide receiver was recently featured in a sweet spoof advertisement that is a play on the popular Beats by Dre commercials featuring Colin Kaepernick, Richard Sherman, and Kevin Garnett.
In the video, a mom and daughter from the neighborhood stop by to sell Streater cookies, but he places his Beats on to drown out the saccharine sales pitch and simply takes the treats. You have to love the subtle detail of the “BS” logo on the headphones.
The soon-to-be viral video was made by a new company called Who Has It?, and our Raiders reporter Fallon Smith hears there are more spoof ads like this on the way. Streater plans to donate his end of the money raised off the Who Has It? app to open a cancer research charity.
Streater is an emerging star in the East Bay. He led the Raiders with 60 receptions and 888 yards during the 2013 season. If he can continue to increase his production, he’ll be even more beloved in Oakland than a plate of delicious cookies with a side of milk.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 'Trump Chicken' Spotted Cruising Near Alcatraz, Pier 39 in San Francisco
- Cliff Rescue at San Francisco's Lands End
- Man Fatally Falls Down Cliff While Trying to Rescue Dog
- San Jose Voters Put Out Welcome Mat for Google
- BART Says No to Station at Proposed A's Ballpark Site
- Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory Issued Across Bay Area
- San Jose Neighborhood Fighting Back Against Auto Thieves
- Kerr's move not so bold after all? 'This is kind of how our team has operated...'
- San Francisco Woman Reunited With Lost Wedding Ring
- Burns insurance? Sharks recall his former partner before road trip
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|