Jan 29, 2014, 1:03 PM PDT
You best not bring delicious cookies to Rod Streater’s porch, because he WILL take them.
The standout Oakland Raiders wide receiver was recently featured in a sweet spoof advertisement that is a play on the popular Beats by Dre commercials featuring Colin Kaepernick, Richard Sherman, and Kevin Garnett.
In the video, a mom and daughter from the neighborhood stop by to sell Streater cookies, but he places his Beats on to drown out the saccharine sales pitch and simply takes the treats. You have to love the subtle detail of the “BS” logo on the headphones.
The soon-to-be viral video was made by a new company called Who Has It?, and our Raiders reporter Fallon Smith hears there are more spoof ads like this on the way. Streater plans to donate his end of the money raised off the Who Has It? app to open a cancer research charity.
Streater is an emerging star in the East Bay. He led the Raiders with 60 receptions and 888 yards during the 2013 season. If he can continue to increase his production, he’ll be even more beloved in Oakland than a plate of delicious cookies with a side of milk.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 8 Injured in Muni Bus Crash in SF's Castro District
- Site for New Morgan Hill Elementary School Contaminated
- Dad Applauds Insurance Coverage Amid Health Care Battle
- Unlike Warriors, Cubs decide to go to White House; Maddon explains choice
- Shelter in Place Ordered as Belmont Police Search for Robber
- Compromise Reached in Castro Valley Caged Birds Case
- Palo Alto Leaders Consider Big Jump in Cost of Parking
- Parents Angry About Reporting Lapse in Case of SJ Swim Coach
- Sen. Feinstein Sends Rallying Cry For Marine Sanctuaries
- Top pick Heliot Ramos visits AT&T Park, will start Giants career this weekend
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|