Jan 29, 2014, 1:03 PM PST
You best not bring delicious cookies to Rod Streater’s porch, because he WILL take them.
The standout Oakland Raiders wide receiver was recently featured in a sweet spoof advertisement that is a play on the popular Beats by Dre commercials featuring Colin Kaepernick, Richard Sherman, and Kevin Garnett.
In the video, a mom and daughter from the neighborhood stop by to sell Streater cookies, but he places his Beats on to drown out the saccharine sales pitch and simply takes the treats. You have to love the subtle detail of the “BS” logo on the headphones.
The soon-to-be viral video was made by a new company called Who Has It?, and our Raiders reporter Fallon Smith hears there are more spoof ads like this on the way. Streater plans to donate his end of the money raised off the Who Has It? app to open a cancer research charity.
Streater is an emerging star in the East Bay. He led the Raiders with 60 receptions and 888 yards during the 2013 season. If he can continue to increase his production, he’ll be even more beloved in Oakland than a plate of delicious cookies with a side of milk.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Raiders fans can dare to dream about Jon Gruden leading team to the postseason
- Rebirth, Angst and the 'New Normal' of California Wildfires
- NFL Draft 2020: Where 49ers, Raiders would pick if season ended today
- San Quinn, Young Sight get you hyped for 49ers-Seahawks prime-time clash
- AFC playoff picture: Raiders on Chiefs' heels heading into Week 11
- Police Seek Suspects Involved in Chinatown Violent Attack
- MLB rumors: A's in talks with Stephen Vogt's agent during free agency
- 49ers' Ben Garland sees worlds intersect with football on Veterans Day
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo, George Kittle among top-selling NFL jerseys
- Steph Curry's promise to Warriors fans came exactly 10 years ago today
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|