Jan 30, 2014, 10:20 AM PDT
The NFL season is effectively over for 49ers tight end Vernon Davis, which means he can stop curling barbells, and return to his true love — Olympic Curling. Davis is once again the honorary captain of the U.S. curling team and he showed off his skills on the Arsenio Hall Show.
— Colin Kaepernick lashed out at Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman in a recent interview with the New York Post. The typically reserved quarterback didn’t pull any punches in response to Sherman’s infamous postgame rant. Here are some of the highlights:
Like many 49ers fans, Colin Kaepernick is clearly rooting for the Broncos on Sunday.
— While Kap and Sherman rake in money from Beats by Dre endorsements, Oakland Raiders wide receiver Rod Streater is calling “BS” in an epic Beats spoof ad.
— Andre Iguodala was on hand to watch as his (1) Arizona Wildcats were nearly upset by the Stanford Cardinal. After the 60-57 win, Iguodala joined the victorious Wildcats players in the locker room.
Time for some links from the wide world of sports.
Field of Links:
— TEARS OF JOY: A son surprised his Seahawks fan mother with Super Bowl tickets.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Taking a closer look at Ryan's criticism of Shanahan
- Grace had 'no idea' his 62 was lowest in a major
- Johnny's call: Grace's 62 'sweet,' course 'really easy'
- Live blog, The Open: Day 3 at Royal Birkdale
- Grace becomes first man to shoot 62 in a major
- Watch: Full replays of The Open coverage
- Highlights: Brandon Crawford starts game with smooth backhand gem
- Headed for 100 losses, Giants quietly give up on "Don't Stop Believin'" tradition
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways as Giants lose marathon in extras to Padres
- Odd Reason Postpones Shoreline Amphitheatre Concert
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|