Jan 30, 2014, 10:20 AM PST
The NFL season is effectively over for 49ers tight end Vernon Davis, which means he can stop curling barbells, and return to his true love — Olympic Curling. Davis is once again the honorary captain of the U.S. curling team and he showed off his skills on the Arsenio Hall Show.
— Colin Kaepernick lashed out at Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman in a recent interview with the New York Post. The typically reserved quarterback didn’t pull any punches in response to Sherman’s infamous postgame rant. Here are some of the highlights:
Like many 49ers fans, Colin Kaepernick is clearly rooting for the Broncos on Sunday.
— While Kap and Sherman rake in money from Beats by Dre endorsements, Oakland Raiders wide receiver Rod Streater is calling “BS” in an epic Beats spoof ad.
— Andre Iguodala was on hand to watch as his (1) Arizona Wildcats were nearly upset by the Stanford Cardinal. After the 60-57 win, Iguodala joined the victorious Wildcats players in the locker room.
Time for some links from the wide world of sports.
Field of Links:
— TEARS OF JOY: A son surprised his Seahawks fan mother with Super Bowl tickets.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- VIDEO: SF Batkid saves Giants' mascot Lou Seal from Penguin
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Former Cal Bear Jaylen Brown holds heavy heart in win over Warriors
- Khalil Mack wants to be Raider for life: 'That’s a no-brainer for me'
- A's Hire Design Firms For Proposed New Baseball Stadium
- Awards season reminds us how far Giants fell in 2017
- Five Men Sue San Jose Police, City For Gay Sting Operation
- Steinle Trial: Jurors Can Consider 1st-Degree Murder Verdict
- UC Regents Chastise System President's ‘Poor Judgment’
- First New Muni Train Goes Into Service in San Francisco
- Escaped 'Psychopath' Explains Why He Fled Hawaii Hospital
- Tesla Unveils Plans For Electric Semi, New Roadster
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|