Jan 30, 2014, 1:57 PM PST
Joey Chestnut gets most of the headlines in the world of competitive eating, but don’t sleep on San Jose native Matt Stonie. The 21-year-old posted a video on Wednesday that is on the verge of going viral, and for good reason.
Just BEFORE checking out of a hotel room, Stonie decided to chug an entire two-liter bottle of soda without burping. It’s a feat that he tried once before without success, but this time, he pulled it off. Near the end of the attempt, you can see the pain on his face and the tears forming in his eyes as he notices how much foam is left in the bottle.
At the conclusion of the chug, Stonie left very little question as to how he earned his “Megatoad” nickname. When he finally did burp, it likely shook the Earth. You’ll want to stay to the end to see it.
Competitive eating doesn’t get taken seriously as a sport, but it’s a true testament to mind over matter. Even chugging a can of soda is an unpleasant experience. Two liters must burn like crazy and that’s not even accounting for the carbonation. Ugh.
Stonie has documented many of his cringe-worthy feats on YouTube and has over 100,000 subscribers.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- Why several Giants stars ride scooters to the ballpark
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Report Details Firefighters' Harrowing Work in Paradise
- Four 49ers players to watch in NFL Week 15 game vs. Seahawks
- Many wins and broken bones later, one-of-a-kind Thornberry ready for pro golf
- Merchant Marines Veterans Hoping to Get Their Due
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- Warriors beat Kings this time, but NorCal rivalry just getting started
- Michelle Obama Shares Life Lessons on 'Becoming' Tour
- East Bay Prepares for Evacuation Drill
- Kings learn painful lesson in dreadful final four minutes vs. Warriors
- Kings lose Marvin Bagley to injury in heartbreaking loss to Warriors
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|