Jan 30, 2014, 1:57 PM PDT
Joey Chestnut gets most of the headlines in the world of competitive eating, but don’t sleep on San Jose native Matt Stonie. The 21-year-old posted a video on Wednesday that is on the verge of going viral, and for good reason.
Just BEFORE checking out of a hotel room, Stonie decided to chug an entire two-liter bottle of soda without burping. It’s a feat that he tried once before without success, but this time, he pulled it off. Near the end of the attempt, you can see the pain on his face and the tears forming in his eyes as he notices how much foam is left in the bottle.
At the conclusion of the chug, Stonie left very little question as to how he earned his “Megatoad” nickname. When he finally did burp, it likely shook the Earth. You’ll want to stay to the end to see it.
Competitive eating doesn’t get taken seriously as a sport, but it’s a true testament to mind over matter. Even chugging a can of soda is an unpleasant experience. Two liters must burn like crazy and that’s not even accounting for the carbonation. Ugh.
Stonie has documented many of his cringe-worthy feats on YouTube and has over 100,000 subscribers.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Berkeley Architect Fights Religious Oppression With Education: Teaches At Illegal, Underground University
- Man Suspected of Having Sex With Teen Boy in Novato: Police
- 49ers Pick Stanford DE Solomon Thomas in the First Round
- Raiders Take Ohio St. CB Gareon Conley in 1st Round of Draft
- Police in Standoff with Walnut Creek Homicide Suspect
- Teacher Accused of Taking Lewd Photos of Young Girls
- Raiders' first-round pick Conley opens up on emotions after off-field issues
- Drive of the Game: Alonso puts A's on the board with single vs Angels
- Graveman breaks down unreal double play, making progress on mound
- Melvin on Graveman double play: Best play manager has ever seen by pitcher
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|