Jan 31, 2014, 12:43 PM PDT
A gamer created a stunning and imaginative version of Levi’s Stadium using the video game Minecraft. What is Minecraft, you ask? Well, it’s a basic building block game that doesn’t really have a central theme or objective. Users can break and stack blocks to create whatever type of world they’d like.
The simplest way to describe it: Virtual legos for grown ups.
This version of Levi’s Stadium is very accurate when it comes to the stadium itself, but takes some creative liberties when it comes to the behind the scenes elements of the stadium. For example, the user also built an indoor playing surface, which is pretty cool, but would take up a lot of room.
I’m willing to bet 100s of hours went into the construction of this virtual block version of Levi’s Stadium.
As far as real Levi’s Stadium is concerned, 49ers project executive Jack Hill tweeted a picture from the 50-yard line on Thursday night. He says the stadium is 78 percent complete.
If only real life was a simple as Minecraft.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 8 Injured in Muni Bus Crash in SF's Castro District
- Site for New Morgan Hill Elementary School Contaminated
- Dad Applauds Insurance Coverage Amid Health Care Battle
- Unlike Warriors, Cubs decide to go to White House; Maddon explains choice
- Shelter in Place Ordered as Belmont Police Search for Robber
- Compromise Reached in Castro Valley Caged Birds Case
- Palo Alto Leaders Consider Big Jump in Cost of Parking
- Parents Angry About Reporting Lapse in Case of SJ Swim Coach
- Sen. Feinstein Sends Rallying Cry For Marine Sanctuaries
- Top pick Heliot Ramos visits AT&T Park, will start Giants career this weekend
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|