Jan 31, 2014, 12:43 PM PDT
A gamer created a stunning and imaginative version of Levi’s Stadium using the video game Minecraft. What is Minecraft, you ask? Well, it’s a basic building block game that doesn’t really have a central theme or objective. Users can break and stack blocks to create whatever type of world they’d like.
The simplest way to describe it: Virtual legos for grown ups.
This version of Levi’s Stadium is very accurate when it comes to the stadium itself, but takes some creative liberties when it comes to the behind the scenes elements of the stadium. For example, the user also built an indoor playing surface, which is pretty cool, but would take up a lot of room.
I’m willing to bet 100s of hours went into the construction of this virtual block version of Levi’s Stadium.
As far as real Levi’s Stadium is concerned, 49ers project executive Jack Hill tweeted a picture from the 50-yard line on Thursday night. He says the stadium is 78 percent complete.
If only real life was a simple as Minecraft.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Steph Curry explains his new flavored mouthguards
- Sharks show their toughness in Saturday night bout with Islanders
- Sharks lay the hammer on Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night'
- Watch Rajon Rondo punch Chris Paul in Lakers-Rockets NBA brawl
- Shot of the Game: Brent Burns scores his first goal of the season
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in San Jose's 4-1 win over the Islanders
- Brent Burns' first goal of the season sounds even better in Spanish
- 'GOL LOS TIBURONES DE SAN JOSE!' Joonas Donskoi give Sharks a 2-1 lead
- Watch the Sharks' goals vs. Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night' in Spanish
- Sharks fan catches puck while on the phone
- Tiempo de Timo: Meier scores for Sharks on 'Los Tiburones Night'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|