Feb 3, 2014, 10:30 AM PDT
Welcome to A case of the Mondays. There’s always a lot going on during the weekend. If you weren’t lucky enough to spend the past two days on the couch, you can catch up on the top five sports items you may have missed here.
No. 1 – This one stings a bit: It just wasn’t your year, 49ers fans. That’s fine. It happens. While the nemesis Seattle Seahawks celebrate their first Super Bowl win, keep the following in mind: The 49ers roster will once again be stacked next year, and it’s Super Bowl 49.
It sure seems like it’s in the cards, but all of that probably doesn’t ease the searing pain in your eyes upon reading this tweet.
Cal stunned No. 1 Arizona with a 60-58 upset win after Justin Cobbs hit the game-winning shot.
The shot also shocked the fans in attendance, who rushed the court with 0.9 seconds still left on the game clock.
Cobbs, a senior, scored the Golden Bears’ final 12 points to snap the Wildcats 21-game win streak.
No. 3 – Red Hot Chili Raiders: Red Hot Chili Peppers’ frontman Anthony Kiedis didn’t put on a shirt until after the Super Bowl… and it was a Raiders shirt. It looks like the Raider Nation can claim another famous fan.
Joe Pavelski scored a shorthanded goal, but the highlight of the game definitely belonged to “Jumbo” Joe Thornton. Check out the juke move he used against Corey Crawford to win the shootout. Thornton’s goal or Cobbs’ shot might have been the best plays of the weekend… until this happened.
After Davion Berry from Weber State tied the game with three-pointer with two seconds left on the clock, Dylan Garrity desperately heaved the ball 75 feet to win the game. The reaction from the crowd is priceless.
Three to see:
If you’ve made it this far, clearly you have some time on your hands. Here are three stories that you simply must see:
— A 9/11 “truther” interrupted the Super Bowl MVP’s presser. Where’s security when you need them?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kings' 10 best free agency options to fill small forward vacancy
- NBA free agency 2019 predictions: Landing spots for marquee names
- Warriors announce 2019 NBA Summer League roster, broadcast schedule
- California Seeks to Bring High-Tech to State Government
- Women's World Cup rankings: How USWNT stands among quarterfinalists
- Why Rockets' reported Jimmy Butler pursuit might be good for Warriors
- WATCH: Giants vs. Rockies
- How Liam Hendriks turned into A's bullpen star one year after being DFA'd
- Jordan Poole highlights: How Warriors' 2019 first-round draft pick can help
- Film Room: What first-round draft pick Jordan Poole adds to Warriors
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|