Feb 3, 2014, 1:36 PM PDT
Colin Kaepernick would prefer to be both a Super Bowl Champion and a fashion icon. Unfortunately, he’s one for two.
Here’s what GQ had to say about Kap’s style:
Colin Kaepernick’s got as much game in the style arena as he does on the football field. His proportional awareness, sneaker sensibility, and understanding of tonal play puts him in the elite class of well-dressed athletes. The NBA guys should watch out—the next crop of super stylish athletes look like they’re coming off the gridiron.
Apparently, the NBA trumps the NFL when it comes to fashion. Stephen Curry’s Grammy night kicks would agree, but Kap’s “tonal play” (did I really just type that?) is off the charts! Here he is looking like a cybernetic organism from the future at a recent Jaguar event:
Kap uses his fashion sense for good, though. The 49ers’ quarterback recently made the day of a pre-teen fashion designer by rocking his vest.
Before you get up in arms about the young quarterback’s fashion sense and dub it a distraction, just know this: Kaepernick surely knows that a Vince Lombardi Trophy goes with every outfit perfectly.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr explains how Steph Curry has to be better in particular area
- NBA rumors: Kawhi Leonard's teammates think Lakers or Clippers will land star
- Molting Elephant Seal Draws Spectators at SF Aquatic Park
- Why Raiders will play five straight games away from home in 2019 season
- Despite some improvements, Giants' Drew Pomeranz is off to a slow start
- Warriors enter Game 3 searching for 'killer instinct' they used to have
- Giants lose series to Nationals with 4-2 loss
- IPO Mania: Zoom, Pinterest Surge in Market Debuts
- Giants' Bruce Bochy, Brandon Belt frustrated by calls behind the plate
- Tempers flare as Giants' bats go quiet in loss to Nationals
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|