Feb 3, 2014, 1:36 PM PDT
Colin Kaepernick would prefer to be both a Super Bowl Champion and a fashion icon. Unfortunately, he’s one for two.
Here’s what GQ had to say about Kap’s style:
Colin Kaepernick’s got as much game in the style arena as he does on the football field. His proportional awareness, sneaker sensibility, and understanding of tonal play puts him in the elite class of well-dressed athletes. The NBA guys should watch out—the next crop of super stylish athletes look like they’re coming off the gridiron.
Apparently, the NBA trumps the NFL when it comes to fashion. Stephen Curry’s Grammy night kicks would agree, but Kap’s “tonal play” (did I really just type that?) is off the charts! Here he is looking like a cybernetic organism from the future at a recent Jaguar event:
Kap uses his fashion sense for good, though. The 49ers’ quarterback recently made the day of a pre-teen fashion designer by rocking his vest.
Before you get up in arms about the young quarterback’s fashion sense and dub it a distraction, just know this: Kaepernick surely knows that a Vince Lombardi Trophy goes with every outfit perfectly.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Rewind: Fragile Sharks blow another late lead to Jackets
- Shot of the Game: Pavelski ties it in third period
- Lakers could stink for years, and not because of Kobe
- Lakers' Nash ruled out for season
- Instant Replay: Sharks blow two leads, fall to Jackets 5-4
- World Series notes: Royals, Giants consider OF changes, etc.
- Strickland 'embarrassed', hopes for another chance
- Lincecum upbeat, 'feels normal' after playing catch
- Seahawks' Wilson blames media for Harvin conjecture
- Bochy applauds Giants rookie Strickland for ownership
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|