Feb 3, 2014, 1:36 PM PST
Colin Kaepernick would prefer to be both a Super Bowl Champion and a fashion icon. Unfortunately, he’s one for two.
Here’s what GQ had to say about Kap’s style:
Colin Kaepernick’s got as much game in the style arena as he does on the football field. His proportional awareness, sneaker sensibility, and understanding of tonal play puts him in the elite class of well-dressed athletes. The NBA guys should watch out—the next crop of super stylish athletes look like they’re coming off the gridiron.
Apparently, the NBA trumps the NFL when it comes to fashion. Stephen Curry’s Grammy night kicks would agree, but Kap’s “tonal play” (did I really just type that?) is off the charts! Here he is looking like a cybernetic organism from the future at a recent Jaguar event:
Kap uses his fashion sense for good, though. The 49ers’ quarterback recently made the day of a pre-teen fashion designer by rocking his vest.
Before you get up in arms about the young quarterback’s fashion sense and dub it a distraction, just know this: Kaepernick surely knows that a Vince Lombardi Trophy goes with every outfit perfectly.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- More pics of Balfour's massive truck, and a look at another monster rig
- Field of Links: Ray Lewis has a check for Ahmad Brooks, Rangers' marketing mistake
- Check out Stephen Curry's 'Voodoo' shoes
- Roy Steele narrates phenomenal 'This is Oakland' video
- Kings' De'Aaron Fox targeting return to lineup vs. Hornets on Tuesday
- Warriors believe they're headed in right direction despite 5-22 record
- Kings' lack of maintaining intensity costs them game vs. lowly Knicks
- Jimmy Garoppolo 'really good' but not elite, analyst Chris Simms says
- Warriors 'tired of losing' after falling to 5-22 on season
- Alec Burks drops 24 points against former team, but Warriors fall to Jazz
- Shot of the Game: Kings' Buddy Hield with an up and under slam
- Shot of the Game: Marquese Chriss follows block with wide-open dunk
- Bogdan Bogdanovic channels MJ, Steph Curry with shrug after 3-pointer
- Kings takeaways: What we learned in tough 103-101 loss to Knicks
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|