Feb 3, 2014, 12:50 PM PDT
When a sports team wins a major championship, the wild celebrations often turn to chaos that includes lighting fires, flipping over cars, and smashing up buses.
The opposite of that happened in Ballard, Washington, after the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Fresh off the biggest victory in the history of their favorite franchise, the fine folks of Ballard decided to wait until the walk sign came on to commence with their wild celebration in the street.
For some reason, the delayed gratification appears to make the moment even sweeter.
[H/T: Kevin Kaduk]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Shot of the Game: Joe Thornton nets 16th goal of season on 4-on-4
- 'Concerned' Sharks can't look too far into future after loss to Vegas
- Logan Couture scores twice, but Sharks routed by Vegas at home
- Oakland Fire Captain Sues Dept. Over Rescinded Promotion
- Relocation of SJ Homeless Camp to Willow Glen Placed on Hold
- Sharks Fall to Golden Knights For 2nd Straight Loss at Home
- Warriors Outsiders Podcast: Dubs lose to Spurs in Andrew Bogut's debut
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in 7-3 home loss to Golden Knights
- Andrew Bogut fares well in reunion with Warriors after a hectic few days
- PG&E Emails Warned About Line That Sparked Camp Fire
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|