Feb 3, 2014, 12:50 PM PDT
When a sports team wins a major championship, the wild celebrations often turn to chaos that includes lighting fires, flipping over cars, and smashing up buses.
The opposite of that happened in Ballard, Washington, after the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Fresh off the biggest victory in the history of their favorite franchise, the fine folks of Ballard decided to wait until the walk sign came on to commence with their wild celebration in the street.
For some reason, the delayed gratification appears to make the moment even sweeter.
[H/T: Kevin Kaduk]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Giants lineup: Nunez scratched, Williamson in left field
- Cooper: 'I can go nowhere but up,' wants improved play down the stretch
- Giants notes: Growing group of infielders trying to transition to outfield
- Never-Before-Seen Parts of Winchester Mystery House Unveiled
- One-time A's draft pick Aaron Judge now toast of New York
- Man Found Stabbed to Death in SF's Bernal Heights Park: PD
- Death Linked to Botulism Reported in Napa County
- Jury to Start Deliberating Thursday in Jail Guards' Trial
- Podcast: NBC's Tirico on Open, Olympics, Tiger and Coach Belichick
- U.S. Women's Open sectional qualifying results
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|