Feb 3, 2014, 12:50 PM PDT
When a sports team wins a major championship, the wild celebrations often turn to chaos that includes lighting fires, flipping over cars, and smashing up buses.
The opposite of that happened in Ballard, Washington, after the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Fresh off the biggest victory in the history of their favorite franchise, the fine folks of Ballard decided to wait until the walk sign came on to commence with their wild celebration in the street.
For some reason, the delayed gratification appears to make the moment even sweeter.
[H/T: Kevin Kaduk]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warriors Outsiders Podcast: Player-by-player breakdown of series-clinching win over Spurs
- Suddenly Hot Giants Beat Nationals, Seal 2nd Straight Series
- Warriors take home solid report card after Game 5 win
- Parents Say Bullied Students Kicked Out of School
- Warriors Top Spurs in Game 5, Win First-Round Playoff Series
- 3-Alarm Fire Rips Through Concord Building; 250 Displaced
- Warriors send Spurs home, advance to face Pelicans
- Film room: Assigning responsibility for Mirotic's six 3-pointers vs Warriors on April 7
- Williamson, Belt stay hot to lead Giants to series win
- Bucket-by-bucket: Klay pours in 24 in series clincher
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|