Feb 3, 2014, 12:50 PM PDT
When a sports team wins a major championship, the wild celebrations often turn to chaos that includes lighting fires, flipping over cars, and smashing up buses.
The opposite of that happened in Ballard, Washington, after the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Fresh off the biggest victory in the history of their favorite franchise, the fine folks of Ballard decided to wait until the walk sign came on to commence with their wild celebration in the street.
For some reason, the delayed gratification appears to make the moment even sweeter.
[H/T: Kevin Kaduk]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- George Kittle returns to practice, expected to play vs. Washington
- CCSF Campus Evacuated Due to Reported Bomb Threat: Police
- Dogs Shot While Deputies Patrol Castro Valley Homeless Camp
- Raiders' Paul Guenther calls Vontaze Burfict suspension 'witch hunt'
- NFL trade deadline: Position-by-position look at 49ers' plan of attack
- Andre Iguodala discusses his NBA future, won't be like Vince Carter
- Richard Sherman says Jalen Ramsey has all leverage after Rams' trade
- Five observations from Warriors' 33-point preseason loss to Lakers
- Why George Kittle, Joe Staley spoke in Canadian accents in viral video
- Loma Prieta: Looking Back on the Earthquake 30 Years Later
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|