Feb 3, 2014, 12:50 PM PDT
When a sports team wins a major championship, the wild celebrations often turn to chaos that includes lighting fires, flipping over cars, and smashing up buses.
The opposite of that happened in Ballard, Washington, after the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Fresh off the biggest victory in the history of their favorite franchise, the fine folks of Ballard decided to wait until the walk sign came on to commence with their wild celebration in the street.
For some reason, the delayed gratification appears to make the moment even sweeter.
[H/T: Kevin Kaduk]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ampex Sign, Long a Silicon Valley Fixture, Being Dismantled
- No Plea Deals in Oakland Ghost Ship Warehouse Fire Case: DA
- Google Bus Crashes Due to 'Mechanical Issue' in San Mateo
- Man Charged in CHP Officer's Death Posts $90K Bail
- Coyote Sightings on the Rise in San Francisco
- Willow Glen Residents Vent at Neighborhood Watch Meeting
- Family of Man Killed Along With CHP Officer Arrives, Speaks
- Memorial Service for Fallen CHP Officer Kirk Griess
- Steph Curry sheds light on Game 1 trash talk with LeBron James, promises there are 'adversarial relationships' in NBA
- Stagecoach Greens Mini-Golf Highlights SF's History
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|