Feb 3, 2014, 12:50 PM PDT
When a sports team wins a major championship, the wild celebrations often turn to chaos that includes lighting fires, flipping over cars, and smashing up buses.
The opposite of that happened in Ballard, Washington, after the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Fresh off the biggest victory in the history of their favorite franchise, the fine folks of Ballard decided to wait until the walk sign came on to commence with their wild celebration in the street.
For some reason, the delayed gratification appears to make the moment even sweeter.
[H/T: Kevin Kaduk]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|