Feb 3, 2014, 12:50 PM PDT
When a sports team wins a major championship, the wild celebrations often turn to chaos that includes lighting fires, flipping over cars, and smashing up buses.
The opposite of that happened in Ballard, Washington, after the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Fresh off the biggest victory in the history of their favorite franchise, the fine folks of Ballard decided to wait until the walk sign came on to commence with their wild celebration in the street.
For some reason, the delayed gratification appears to make the moment even sweeter.
[H/T: Kevin Kaduk]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Police Searching For Suspect in Armed Robbery of SJ Business
- Hunter Strickland blows two-run lead in 'unacceptable' ninth inning
- Giants Blow 9th-Inning Lead in Loss to Marlins
- Jury Finds 'Berkeley 5' Protesters Not Guilty of Assault
- New Details Released in Sexual Assault of Teen in Palo Alto
- Giants open homestand with sour taste, blow ninth-inning lead in loss to Marlins
- Man Caught on Video Kicking Homeless Person Arrested
- 'Jogger Joe' Pleads Not Guilty to Robbery Charge
- Warriors potential draft target: Melvin Frazier
- Giants fan snags foul ball with great catch
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|