Feb 3, 2014, 12:50 PM PDT
When a sports team wins a major championship, the wild celebrations often turn to chaos that includes lighting fires, flipping over cars, and smashing up buses.
The opposite of that happened in Ballard, Washington, after the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Fresh off the biggest victory in the history of their favorite franchise, the fine folks of Ballard decided to wait until the walk sign came on to commence with their wild celebration in the street.
For some reason, the delayed gratification appears to make the moment even sweeter.
[H/T: Kevin Kaduk]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Child Burned After Hot Coffee Spill at Brentwood Starbucks
- Oakland stadium authority director doesn't want Raiders in 2019
- Three People Shot in San Francisco's Oceanview Neighborhood
- Raiders HC Jack Del Rio believes he could help Aldon Smith
- 5.7M Earthquake Strikes in Gulf of California
- Five Bay Area Restaurants Among World's Best
- McKenzie: Serious talks on Carr extension coming after NFL Draft
- San Mateo County Healthiest in California: Report
- Pete Carroll: Marshawn Lynch 'somewhat entertaining' a return to NFL
- Wildlife 'Babies' Take Over Peninsula Recovery Center
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|