Feb 3, 2014, 12:50 PM PST
When a sports team wins a major championship, the wild celebrations often turn to chaos that includes lighting fires, flipping over cars, and smashing up buses.
The opposite of that happened in Ballard, Washington, after the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Fresh off the biggest victory in the history of their favorite franchise, the fine folks of Ballard decided to wait until the walk sign came on to commence with their wild celebration in the street.
For some reason, the delayed gratification appears to make the moment even sweeter.
[H/T: Kevin Kaduk]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- NBA rumors: Kings' De'Aaron Fox suffered apparent ankle injury in practice
- Infant's Body Found Near San Francisco Golf Course: Police
- D.J. Swearinger ready to bring immediate aid to Raiders' ailing secondary
- Why Farhan Zaidi chose Scott Harris as Giants' new general manager
- 49ers activate Garrett Celek, George Kittle likely out vs. Seahawks
- Overturned Tanker Truck on Hwy. 101 in San Martin
- Draymond Green returning to Warriors with aching finger, heavy heart
- Steph Curry takes jab at Michael Jordan for Hall of Fame comment
- HEADSTRONG: Charles Haley opens up on his bipolar disease, mental illness
- Bay Area rapper E-40 drops 49ers-themed song before game vs. Seahawks
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|