Feb 4, 2014, 10:33 AM PDT
Raiders receiver Rod Streater is once again rocking his “Beats by Streats” headphones. While these videos are spreading like wildfire, the motive behind making these spoofs is underreported. Streater is making the videos in conjunction with an app company called Who Has It?, and he is donating all of the money raised to open a cancer research charity. In case you missed it, here’s the original video.
— Maybe Streater can lend some headphones to teammate Jared Veldheer, who is bothered by the pace of his contract talks, writes Raiders insider Scott Bair.
— The San Jose Sharks looked miserable during their loss to the Philadelphia Flyers. Sharks insider Kevin Kurz summed it up best:
Whatever it was, the Sharks were outhit, outhustled, outplayed, outworked and out-everythinged in arguably their poorest effort of the season in a 5-2 loss to the Flyers.
Second: Derrick Williams took advantage of the lopsided score and attempted a dunk after bouncing the ball off the backboard. It didn’t go so well.
— San Jose based professional eaters Joey Chestnut and Matt Stonie each ate over 100 hardboiled eggs while battling in the rain.
Time to eat up some links from around the web…
Field of Links:
— Jimmy Fallon gets people to do the strangest things. Watch gold medalist Tara Lapinski’s take on The Big Lebowski.
— Being a rockstar must be awesome!!!! The bassist from Death Cab For Cutie made a Marshawn Lynch portrait out of Skittles.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr explains how Steph Curry has to be better in particular area
- NBA rumors: Kawhi Leonard's teammates think Lakers or Clippers will land star
- Molting Elephant Seal Draws Spectators at SF Aquatic Park
- Why Raiders will play five straight games away from home in 2019 season
- Despite some improvements, Giants' Drew Pomeranz is off to a slow start
- Warriors enter Game 3 searching for 'killer instinct' they used to have
- Giants lose series to Nationals with 4-2 loss
- IPO Mania: Zoom, Pinterest Surge in Market Debuts
- Giants' Bruce Bochy, Brandon Belt frustrated by calls behind the plate
- Tempers flare as Giants' bats go quiet in loss to Nationals
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|