Feb 4, 2014, 1:48 PM PST
Based on the commercials, one could reasonably assume that all “Beats” sponsored athletes are forced to bump “The Man” by Aloe Blacc on loop. Apparently, that’s not the case.
Just before the Super Bowl, Beats Music partnered with players from the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks to document their pregame playlists. The results were interesting. If you’re looking for some new workout jams, why not bump the same thing that helped pump up the players prior to the biggest game of their lives?
Here’s a look at Russell Wilson’s playlist:
1. “Can’t Hold Us” (feat. Ray Dalton) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
2. “Unstoppable” (feat. Blanca from Group 1 Crew) by tobyMac
3. “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince
4. “The Believer” (feat John Legend) by Common
5. “Keep on Produced By Tony Stone” by Braille
6. “New Life” (feat. Annie Williams) by Grits
7. “Beat It” by Michael Jackson
8. “Around My Way” (Freedom Ain’t Free) by Lupe Fiasco
9. “Can I Kick It” by A Tribe Call Quest
10. “Breathe, Stretch, Shake” (feat. P. Diddy) by Mase
11. “The Seed” by K’naan
12. “Get By” by Talib Kweli
You can also see samples of what Peyton Manning and Richard Sherman bumped before the big game. It’s funny how times have changed. Almost 30 years later, the term “Super Bowl Shuffle” refers to a music playlist and not a hokey 80s football song and dance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 49ers re-sign Tyvis Powell with Ahkello Witherspoon going on IR
- Sharks vs. Wild live stream: How to watch NHL game online on MyTeams
- Sonoma Co. Agrees to $3M Settlement to Family of Andy Lopez
- Raiders' possible Coliseum finale brings anything but Christmas cheer
- MLB rumors: Giants have major presence during Troy Tulowitzki workout
- Warriors Jonas Jerebko becoming factor in successful bench production
- Steph Curry wanted a lob pass for a dunk; Kevin Durant said 'Nah son'
- Sharks vs. Wild watch guide: Projected lines and defensive pairs
- 2019 NFL draft order: Raiders move on up, still stuck behind Cardinals
- Giants outfield situation could change drastically before Opening Day
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|