Feb 4, 2014, 1:48 PM PDT
Based on the commercials, one could reasonably assume that all “Beats” sponsored athletes are forced to bump “The Man” by Aloe Blacc on loop. Apparently, that’s not the case.
Just before the Super Bowl, Beats Music partnered with players from the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks to document their pregame playlists. The results were interesting. If you’re looking for some new workout jams, why not bump the same thing that helped pump up the players prior to the biggest game of their lives?
Here’s a look at Russell Wilson’s playlist:
1. “Can’t Hold Us” (feat. Ray Dalton) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
2. “Unstoppable” (feat. Blanca from Group 1 Crew) by tobyMac
3. “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince
4. “The Believer” (feat John Legend) by Common
5. “Keep on Produced By Tony Stone” by Braille
6. “New Life” (feat. Annie Williams) by Grits
7. “Beat It” by Michael Jackson
8. “Around My Way” (Freedom Ain’t Free) by Lupe Fiasco
9. “Can I Kick It” by A Tribe Call Quest
10. “Breathe, Stretch, Shake” (feat. P. Diddy) by Mase
11. “The Seed” by K’naan
12. “Get By” by Talib Kweli
You can also see samples of what Peyton Manning and Richard Sherman bumped before the big game. It’s funny how times have changed. Almost 30 years later, the term “Super Bowl Shuffle” refers to a music playlist and not a hokey 80s football song and dance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Durant: 'We all knew' NBA wasn't going to suspend Draymond
- Jed York calls on governor to repeal controversial LGBT law
- Giants' Romo records win for River Cats in rehab stint
- Rewind: Pavelski powers Sharks in latest bounce-back effort
- Sharks can make history die by finishing the deal
- Lowry scores 35, Raptors hold off Cavs to tie series 2-2
- Instant Replay: Pavelski, Sharks beat Blues in Game 5, take 3-2 lead
- What they're saying: Scary moment for Vogelsong
- Would NBA have suspended Draymond if Warriors won Game 3?
- Report: Lott-led group out to build new Oakland stadium
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|