Feb 4, 2014, 1:48 PM PDT
Based on the commercials, one could reasonably assume that all “Beats” sponsored athletes are forced to bump “The Man” by Aloe Blacc on loop. Apparently, that’s not the case.
Just before the Super Bowl, Beats Music partnered with players from the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks to document their pregame playlists. The results were interesting. If you’re looking for some new workout jams, why not bump the same thing that helped pump up the players prior to the biggest game of their lives?
Here’s a look at Russell Wilson’s playlist:
1. “Can’t Hold Us” (feat. Ray Dalton) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
2. “Unstoppable” (feat. Blanca from Group 1 Crew) by tobyMac
3. “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince
4. “The Believer” (feat John Legend) by Common
5. “Keep on Produced By Tony Stone” by Braille
6. “New Life” (feat. Annie Williams) by Grits
7. “Beat It” by Michael Jackson
8. “Around My Way” (Freedom Ain’t Free) by Lupe Fiasco
9. “Can I Kick It” by A Tribe Call Quest
10. “Breathe, Stretch, Shake” (feat. P. Diddy) by Mase
11. “The Seed” by K’naan
12. “Get By” by Talib Kweli
You can also see samples of what Peyton Manning and Richard Sherman bumped before the big game. It’s funny how times have changed. Almost 30 years later, the term “Super Bowl Shuffle” refers to a music playlist and not a hokey 80s football song and dance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Berkeley Police on Alert After Coulter's Cal Visit Canceled
- Two Workers Lucky to Be Alive After Accident at Facebook HQ
- Five potential targets for Raiders with 24th overall pick in NFL Draft
- WATCH: Dodgers vs Giants
- Alonso strikes a chord with fascinating account of Cuba defection
- Giants lineup: Belt in left field, Kelby at second base
- From lowlight shows to highlight shows: Warriors saved JaVale's career
- Maiocco's 2017 first round mock draft: Myles Garrett falls to 49ers
- Wi makes rare start to team with Choi
- Crane settles $6K putting contest debt: 'We’re all good'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|