Feb 4, 2014, 1:48 PM PDT
Based on the commercials, one could reasonably assume that all “Beats” sponsored athletes are forced to bump “The Man” by Aloe Blacc on loop. Apparently, that’s not the case.
Just before the Super Bowl, Beats Music partnered with players from the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks to document their pregame playlists. The results were interesting. If you’re looking for some new workout jams, why not bump the same thing that helped pump up the players prior to the biggest game of their lives?
Here’s a look at Russell Wilson’s playlist:
1. “Can’t Hold Us” (feat. Ray Dalton) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
2. “Unstoppable” (feat. Blanca from Group 1 Crew) by tobyMac
3. “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince
4. “The Believer” (feat John Legend) by Common
5. “Keep on Produced By Tony Stone” by Braille
6. “New Life” (feat. Annie Williams) by Grits
7. “Beat It” by Michael Jackson
8. “Around My Way” (Freedom Ain’t Free) by Lupe Fiasco
9. “Can I Kick It” by A Tribe Call Quest
10. “Breathe, Stretch, Shake” (feat. P. Diddy) by Mase
11. “The Seed” by K’naan
12. “Get By” by Talib Kweli
You can also see samples of what Peyton Manning and Richard Sherman bumped before the big game. It’s funny how times have changed. Almost 30 years later, the term “Super Bowl Shuffle” refers to a music playlist and not a hokey 80s football song and dance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Yonder Alonso takes you through his painful foul ball vs Astros
- Highlights: Jaycob Brugman lays out for spectacular diving catch
- How bad is Yonder Alonso's injury? 'Got him pretty good'
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways from A's loss despite five home runs
- Pit Bull Recovering After Found Badly Injured in Palo Alto
- New San Francisco Center Devoted to Poster Art
- Cubs outfielder vows he didn't give Trump the middle finger at White House
- Drive of the Game: A's slugger Khris Davis crushes two homers in Houston
- Consumers Say Health Club Misled Them
- Giants notes: Melancon gets injection; Kontos gets an at-bat
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|