Feb 4, 2014, 1:48 PM PDT
Based on the commercials, one could reasonably assume that all “Beats” sponsored athletes are forced to bump “The Man” by Aloe Blacc on loop. Apparently, that’s not the case.
Just before the Super Bowl, Beats Music partnered with players from the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks to document their pregame playlists. The results were interesting. If you’re looking for some new workout jams, why not bump the same thing that helped pump up the players prior to the biggest game of their lives?
Here’s a look at Russell Wilson’s playlist:
1. “Can’t Hold Us” (feat. Ray Dalton) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
2. “Unstoppable” (feat. Blanca from Group 1 Crew) by tobyMac
3. “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince
4. “The Believer” (feat John Legend) by Common
5. “Keep on Produced By Tony Stone” by Braille
6. “New Life” (feat. Annie Williams) by Grits
7. “Beat It” by Michael Jackson
8. “Around My Way” (Freedom Ain’t Free) by Lupe Fiasco
9. “Can I Kick It” by A Tribe Call Quest
10. “Breathe, Stretch, Shake” (feat. P. Diddy) by Mase
11. “The Seed” by K’naan
12. “Get By” by Talib Kweli
You can also see samples of what Peyton Manning and Richard Sherman bumped before the big game. It’s funny how times have changed. Almost 30 years later, the term “Super Bowl Shuffle” refers to a music playlist and not a hokey 80s football song and dance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- Case of the Mondays: Curry's 'Grammy Shoes' light up the court, Seattle restaurant offers 'Crabtree's Tears'
- Downing: Raiders offense off track, answers exist ‘in our scheme’
- Containment Numbers for North Bay Fires Steadily Improve
- Man Dies After Being Stabbed in South San Jose: Police
- Santa Rosa Couple Sues PG&E, Claims Negligence in Tubbs Fire
- Crew Strive to Gain Control of Fire in Santa Cruz Mountains
- North Bay Schools to Stay Closed Rest of Week
- Sharks Offense Comes Alive in Victory Over Canadiens
- Rockets Stun Warriors in 2017 Season Opener
- Napa Resident's Hayward Business Robbed as He Fights Flames
- Californians Brace for Emotional Toll From Wildfires
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|