Feb 5, 2014, 10:17 AM PDT
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and his favorite charity “Camp Taylor” have teamed up for a new fundraising effort. A $30 donation to the camp gets you one of these Kaepernick t-shirts. Camp Taylor helps the families of kids with heart disease.
— Kaepernick’s predecessor, Alex Smith, once again competed as a member of the 49ers during the Chevron Shoot-Out at Pebble Beach. The shoot-out is an annual charity golf event in which members of the 49ers take on the Giants. The Giants won this round, and raised $30,000 for their community fund in the process.
— A day after a dud by the Sharks, the Golden State Warriors also fell flat on their faces on their own turf. It seems like the Warriors often play down to their competition. What say you, Warriors insider Monte Poole?
— Now, this is how you commit to Stanford. Solomon Thomas, by the way, is a five-star defensive end.
— DeMarcus Cousins called Mike Dunleavy Jr. a clown. The only things that would have made Dunleavy’s response better? A pie and some face paint.
Time for some links…
Field of Links:
— Things appear to be a mess in Sochi, but the Sharks say they are confident in the Olympic security.
— The best way to gear up for the Olympics: A family in Minnesota made a backyard luge track.
— The slopestyle course in Sochi is considered treacherous. See why.
— The only thing more dangerous than the slopestyle course in Sochi? The snow leopards.
— EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS NEWS: Police say a Santa Ana woman was killed for photobombing.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warriors Outsiders Podcast: Player-by-player breakdown of series-clinching win over Spurs
- Suddenly Hot Giants Beat Nationals, Seal 2nd Straight Series
- Warriors take home solid report card after Game 5 win
- Parents Say Bullied Students Kicked Out of School
- Warriors Top Spurs in Game 5, Win First-Round Playoff Series
- 3-Alarm Fire Rips Through Concord Building; 250 Displaced
- Warriors send Spurs home, advance to face Pelicans
- Film room: Assigning responsibility for Mirotic's six 3-pointers vs Warriors on April 7
- Williamson, Belt stay hot to lead Giants to series win
- Bucket-by-bucket: Klay pours in 24 in series clincher
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|