Feb 6, 2014, 2:33 PM PDT
Professional sports leagues and broadcast companies will leap at the opportunity to sponsor almost any aspect of the game. Fortunately, in most leagues, the team logo is sacred — even if the uniforms occasionally aren’t.
So, what would it look like if the National Football League sold out to corporate greed?
Enter Logo Remix, a website that mashes up NFL logos with corporate logos. They designed a new logo for each of the NFL’s 32 teams, and the results are fun and amusing — as long as they stay nothing more than a concept.
Here’s the Oakland Raiders logo mashed up with electronics manufacturer LG:
The Raiders design is pretty basic. You can pick out the company immediately. The 49ers logo was a bit harder to figure out.
Upon first glance, were you able to see the 7/11 theme? It’s not as obvious. There are some much crazier designs on the Logo Remix site. The Denver Broncos-Ford Mustang design and Washington Redskins-McDonalds mashup are two of the more interesting images on the site. Check out all 32 designs here.
[H/T: For the Win!]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Remains of Woman Who Disappeared While Shopping Identified
- SFO Travelers To and From London React to Terror Attack
- iCloud Hacked, 200M iPhone Users' Data in Danger: Report
- High School Investigates Alleged Cyberbullying Incident
- Anderson Dam Seismic Vulnerability Concerns Nearby Residents
- Tow Truck Crashes Into Hwy. 101 Divider in SF, Injuring One
- Tyreke Evans: I play best with the ball in my hands
- Highlights: Kings can't keep up with athletic Bucks
- Joerger: Kings big man Cauley-Stein getting closer with more experience
- Can Skal see himself as an Antetokounmpo in the future?
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|