Feb 6, 2014, 2:33 PM PDT
Professional sports leagues and broadcast companies will leap at the opportunity to sponsor almost any aspect of the game. Fortunately, in most leagues, the team logo is sacred — even if the uniforms occasionally aren’t.
So, what would it look like if the National Football League sold out to corporate greed?
Enter Logo Remix, a website that mashes up NFL logos with corporate logos. They designed a new logo for each of the NFL’s 32 teams, and the results are fun and amusing — as long as they stay nothing more than a concept.
Here’s the Oakland Raiders logo mashed up with electronics manufacturer LG:
The Raiders design is pretty basic. You can pick out the company immediately. The 49ers logo was a bit harder to figure out.
Upon first glance, were you able to see the 7/11 theme? It’s not as obvious. There are some much crazier designs on the Logo Remix site. The Denver Broncos-Ford Mustang design and Washington Redskins-McDonalds mashup are two of the more interesting images on the site. Check out all 32 designs here.
[H/T: For the Win!]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|