Feb 6, 2014, 2:33 PM PDT
Professional sports leagues and broadcast companies will leap at the opportunity to sponsor almost any aspect of the game. Fortunately, in most leagues, the team logo is sacred — even if the uniforms occasionally aren’t.
So, what would it look like if the National Football League sold out to corporate greed?
Enter Logo Remix, a website that mashes up NFL logos with corporate logos. They designed a new logo for each of the NFL’s 32 teams, and the results are fun and amusing — as long as they stay nothing more than a concept.
Here’s the Oakland Raiders logo mashed up with electronics manufacturer LG:
The Raiders design is pretty basic. You can pick out the company immediately. The 49ers logo was a bit harder to figure out.
Upon first glance, were you able to see the 7/11 theme? It’s not as obvious. There are some much crazier designs on the Logo Remix site. The Denver Broncos-Ford Mustang design and Washington Redskins-McDonalds mashup are two of the more interesting images on the site. Check out all 32 designs here.
[H/T: For the Win!]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Throwback Thursday: The 2002 All-Star Game tie debacle
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|