Feb 7, 2014, 10:31 AM PDT
Remember the lone 49ers fan that braved the masses during the Seahawks’ Super Bowl victory parade? Members of the 49ers Faithful have found him and are trying to raise money to send him to a game next year at Levi’s Stadium.
Their GoFundMe Page is called “Get Niner Waldo Kid to SF” and it has already earned $478 in donations. The fundraiser was started by a group called “Ladies of the Empire” and they are trying to raise $5,500 to fly his family out from Seattle and put them up in a nice hotel for the weekend of the selected game.
— Oakland Athletics fans also started a movement on Thursday night. So many fans tweeted to help advance Eric Sogard in MLB.com’s “Face of the MLB” competition, that “#EricSogard” was trending nationwide on Twitter. The bespectacled infielder advanced past Anthony Rizzo of the Chicago Cubs. Well done.
— The Olympic Rings malfunctioned during the Sochi Olympics opening ceremony.
Maybe it was the fault of the stray dog that was seen taking a walk inside the venue at the time. All of this might explain why @SochiProblems has more followers than the official Sochi Olympics Twitter handle. Time for some non-broken links…
Field of Links:
— Celebrities read your mean tweets on Jimmy Kimmel.
— Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be in the barrel of a wave? Check out this epic surfing video.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Betcha' didn't know this about baseballs
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Hall and Oates, Tears For Fears Show in San Jose Postponed
- Pepper Spray Prompts Evacuations at South San Jose Hotel
- Highlights: Another Giants loss? Here's a skateboarding dog and dancing kid
- Father Arrested After Abandoning Baby in Suisun City: Police
- Bochy voices frustration with umpire after loss to Pirates
- Pavlovic: Headed to Sacramento, Pablo has lot of work to do
- Fallon Smith throws down on Ahmed Fareed in #DriveByDunkChallenge
- Listless Giants roughed up by Pirates in ejection-filled series opener
- Woman Arrested in Man's Fatal Stabbing in Burlingame Home
- Done with SJ, Pablo trying to get to San Francisco as soon as possible
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|