Feb 7, 2014, 2:51 PM PDT
A widely circulated conspiracy video that alleges the NFC Championship between the Seahawks and 49ers was fixed garnered a lot of intention from online fans this week, and now the players are starting to take notice.
On Friday, 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman acknowledged the video and expressed his frustration at some of the claims. Bowman tore his ACL while recovering a fumble during the game, but the referees missed it and gave the Seahawks the ball while determining that it wasn’t a reviewable play. He underwent surgery to repair his knee on Tuesday. Whether the video is accurate or not, he has a right to be a bit frustrated.
Here’s what Bowman wrote on his Instagram page:
“With this knee injury I still can’t get over this loss and if what I’m seeing on this clip is true will really make me reconsider I mean come on #faithful my leg is broke we as players and coaches work To hard to play an be apart of the game of football. The words Dedicated and commited is the 49ers and this just hurts.”
The conspiracy video was posted on Monday, and our 49ers insider Matt Maiocco debunked many aspects of the claims with a breakdown of each assertion. Controversies, whether legitimate or not, get people talking, and it appears this video is still making waves online. The video is posted below, but it’s highly recommended that you double back and read Maiocco’s comments after watching it.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Remains of Woman Who Disappeared While Shopping Identified
- SFO Travelers To and From London React to Terror Attack
- iCloud Hacked, 200M iPhone Users' Data in Danger: Report
- High School Investigates Alleged Cyberbullying Incident
- Anderson Dam Seismic Vulnerability Concerns Nearby Residents
- Tow Truck Crashes Into Hwy. 101 Divider in SF, Injuring One
- Tyreke Evans: I play best with the ball in my hands
- Highlights: Kings can't keep up with athletic Bucks
- Joerger: Kings big man Cauley-Stein getting closer with more experience
- Can Skal see himself as an Antetokounmpo in the future?
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|