Feb 7, 2014, 2:51 PM PDT
A widely circulated conspiracy video that alleges the NFC Championship between the Seahawks and 49ers was fixed garnered a lot of intention from online fans this week, and now the players are starting to take notice.
On Friday, 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman acknowledged the video and expressed his frustration at some of the claims. Bowman tore his ACL while recovering a fumble during the game, but the referees missed it and gave the Seahawks the ball while determining that it wasn’t a reviewable play. He underwent surgery to repair his knee on Tuesday. Whether the video is accurate or not, he has a right to be a bit frustrated.
Here’s what Bowman wrote on his Instagram page:
“With this knee injury I still can’t get over this loss and if what I’m seeing on this clip is true will really make me reconsider I mean come on #faithful my leg is broke we as players and coaches work To hard to play an be apart of the game of football. The words Dedicated and commited is the 49ers and this just hurts.”
The conspiracy video was posted on Monday, and our 49ers insider Matt Maiocco debunked many aspects of the claims with a breakdown of each assertion. Controversies, whether legitimate or not, get people talking, and it appears this video is still making waves online. The video is posted below, but it’s highly recommended that you double back and read Maiocco’s comments after watching it.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Oakland Considers Near $1M Payment For Teen in Sex Scandal
- Ex-Soccer Coach Arrested on Suspicion of Molesting Girl, 11
- Watch: Baby Zebra Runs Around in Hearst Castle
- Warriors, Cavs to square off in ultimate NBA Finals trilogy
- Wildlife Workers Save Pelican With CPR-Like Procedure
- More Legal Maneuvering in Mavericks Surf Saga
- Ex-UCSF Doctor Pleads Not Guilty in Bogus Prescriptions Case
- 4-Alarm Fire Prompts Evacuations in Downtown Stockton
- The Happy Hour: 'Very good idea' to legalize extended sports gambling
- Family Seeks Closure, Answers in Case of Missing Teen
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|