Feb 7, 2014, 2:51 PM PDT
A widely circulated conspiracy video that alleges the NFC Championship between the Seahawks and 49ers was fixed garnered a lot of intention from online fans this week, and now the players are starting to take notice.
On Friday, 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman acknowledged the video and expressed his frustration at some of the claims. Bowman tore his ACL while recovering a fumble during the game, but the referees missed it and gave the Seahawks the ball while determining that it wasn’t a reviewable play. He underwent surgery to repair his knee on Tuesday. Whether the video is accurate or not, he has a right to be a bit frustrated.
Here’s what Bowman wrote on his Instagram page:
“With this knee injury I still can’t get over this loss and if what I’m seeing on this clip is true will really make me reconsider I mean come on #faithful my leg is broke we as players and coaches work To hard to play an be apart of the game of football. The words Dedicated and commited is the 49ers and this just hurts.”
The conspiracy video was posted on Monday, and our 49ers insider Matt Maiocco debunked many aspects of the claims with a breakdown of each assertion. Controversies, whether legitimate or not, get people talking, and it appears this video is still making waves online. The video is posted below, but it’s highly recommended that you double back and read Maiocco’s comments after watching it.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dog Attacks Wag Hotel Employees in Santa Clara
- 1 Injured in Shooting Inside Caldecott Tunnel
- Brooks Koepka's bid for U.S. Open history comes up short at Pebble Beach
- Gary Woodland achieves Father's Day dream with U.S. Open win at Pebble Beach
- Kings fan makes good on pledge, gets married in Harry Giles jersey
- U.S. Open 2019 payouts: Prize money for Gary Woodland's Pebble Beach win
- U.S. Open recap: Gary Woodland holds off Brooks Koepka; Tiger, Phil fade
- Giants fail to sweep Brewers, still happy with how they are playing
- Bruce Bochy reacts to quirk at Oracle Park he had never seen before
- A's considering removing struggling Lou Trivino from late-inning role
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|