Feb 11, 2014, 10:22 AM PDT
They say winning cures all. The Golden State Warriors certainly won on Monday night, and did so by a very large margin, but there was still some lingering strangeness following the game. Warriors coach Mark Jackson and Andrew Bogut don’t seem to be on the same page.
So, Ray Ratto, what IS going on with that spat between Bogut and Jackson?
Fortunately, Marreese Speights provided a welcomed distraction. He scored a career-high 32 points and added eight rebounds and three blocks. I betcha’ never thought you’d hear “M-V-P, M-V-P” chants directed his way.
— The Oakland Raiders have always been trailblazers. Raiders insider Scott Bair examines if Michael Sam could be a fit.
— He’s been the focus of a Hollywood film, won six division titles, and built eight 90-plus win teams, but how will history remember A’s general manager Billy Beane? Joe Stiglich takes a look.
— Some of the Sochi problems are funny to snicker at, but when they effect the competitors, it’s not a laughing matter. See why Yahoo! columnist Jeff Passan believes the snowboarders should have chosen to boycott the remainder of the Olympics. Don’t, however, boycott these links from around the globe…
Field of Links:
— Downhill skiers are insane. BBC analyst Graham Bell gives you an idea just how hard their job truly is by bringing a camera down the slopes.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|