Feb 12, 2014, 10:01 AM PDT
The San Jose Sharks caught a real shark. Check out this photo posted by Owen Nolan on Twitter:
The crew consisted of Nolan, Joe Thornton, Raffi Torres, Andrew Desjardins, and Tommy Wingels. They won’t be bringing home medals during the Olympic break, but they just came up on a new trophy and the memory of a lifetime.
— While their teammates are out fishing, here’s a cool shot of the Sharks’ Olympians from the team’s Facebook page.
— The moguls seem much more dangerous this year. Now you know why Hoth is always immediately denied during their Olympic bids.
— It appears that Andrew Bogut and Mark Jackson are back on the same page. With that, it’s time to turn the page to some links from around the globe…
Field of Links:
— When asked by a reporter, Matt Lauer said that Vladimir Putin gave Bob Costas pink eye… He was joking (I hope). Here’s the real question: Is Costas’ pink eye more distracting to viewers than Lauer’s grey beard?
Former A’s reliever Jerry Blevins remembers when Coco Crisp had double pink eye. Crisp missed a bunch of games as a result.
— Eat your heart out, Kanye… This is how you do a wedding proposal. Thanks for raising the bar for the rest of us, Alex Cobb.
— Speaking of weddings, A fan invited RGIII to one and got an autographed RSVP.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- The story behind the huge A's 'STAY' mural in Oakland
- Letter to the editor about Seahawks crowd noise sparks internet firestorm
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Mullin wisely picked St. John's over Kings
- Panik hits third home run of spring in Giants' loss to Cubs
- Lawrie homers twice in A's 11-2 win over Rockies
- Trend: Sports franchise valuations skyrocketing
- Report: LB Philip Wheeler visiting 49ers
- Source: Mullin agrees to take St. John's head coaching job
- Curry named Western Conference Player of the Week
- A's lineup: Vogt catching, Ladendorf at short
- Giants lineup: Carbonell, Blanco, Maxwell man outfield
- Stop worshipping process of sports, start enjoying the results
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|