Feb 12, 2014, 10:01 AM PDT
The San Jose Sharks caught a real shark. Check out this photo posted by Owen Nolan on Twitter:
The crew consisted of Nolan, Joe Thornton, Raffi Torres, Andrew Desjardins, and Tommy Wingels. They won’t be bringing home medals during the Olympic break, but they just came up on a new trophy and the memory of a lifetime.
— While their teammates are out fishing, here’s a cool shot of the Sharks’ Olympians from the team’s Facebook page.
— The moguls seem much more dangerous this year. Now you know why Hoth is always immediately denied during their Olympic bids.
— It appears that Andrew Bogut and Mark Jackson are back on the same page. With that, it’s time to turn the page to some links from around the globe…
Field of Links:
— When asked by a reporter, Matt Lauer said that Vladimir Putin gave Bob Costas pink eye… He was joking (I hope). Here’s the real question: Is Costas’ pink eye more distracting to viewers than Lauer’s grey beard?
Former A’s reliever Jerry Blevins remembers when Coco Crisp had double pink eye. Crisp missed a bunch of games as a result.
— Eat your heart out, Kanye… This is how you do a wedding proposal. Thanks for raising the bar for the rest of us, Alex Cobb.
— Speaking of weddings, A fan invited RGIII to one and got an autographed RSVP.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warriors Outsiders Podcast: Player-by-player breakdown of series-clinching win over Spurs
- Suddenly Hot Giants Beat Nationals, Seal 2nd Straight Series
- Warriors take home solid report card after Game 5 win
- Parents Say Bullied Students Kicked Out of School
- Warriors Top Spurs in Game 5, Win First-Round Playoff Series
- 3-Alarm Fire Rips Through Concord Building; 250 Displaced
- Warriors send Spurs home, advance to face Pelicans
- Film room: Assigning responsibility for Mirotic's six 3-pointers vs Warriors on April 7
- Williamson, Belt stay hot to lead Giants to series win
- Bucket-by-bucket: Klay pours in 24 in series clincher
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|