Feb 12, 2014, 10:01 AM PDT
The San Jose Sharks caught a real shark. Check out this photo posted by Owen Nolan on Twitter:
The crew consisted of Nolan, Joe Thornton, Raffi Torres, Andrew Desjardins, and Tommy Wingels. They won’t be bringing home medals during the Olympic break, but they just came up on a new trophy and the memory of a lifetime.
– While their teammates are out fishing, here’s a cool shot of the Sharks’ Olympians from the team’s Facebook page.
– The moguls seem much more dangerous this year. Now you know why Hoth is always immediately denied during their Olympic bids.
– It appears that Andrew Bogut and Mark Jackson are back on the same page. With that, it’s time to turn the page to some links from around the globe…
Field of Links:
– When asked by a reporter, Matt Lauer said that Vladimir Putin gave Bob Costas pink eye… He was joking (I hope). Here’s the real question: Is Costas’ pink eye more distracting to viewers than Lauer’s grey beard?
Former A’s reliever Jerry Blevins remembers when Coco Crisp had double pink eye. Crisp missed a bunch of games as a result.
– Eat your heart out, Kanye… This is how you do a wedding proposal. Thanks for raising the bar for the rest of us, Alex Cobb.
– Speaking of weddings, A fan invited RGIII to one and got an autographed RSVP.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- AL Wild Card Watch: Morrison's shot vaults Mariners over Angels
- NL Wild Card Watch: Cardinals top Brewers 3-2 in 13 innings
- Falcons soar, Bucs suffer second-worst loss in club history
- NL West Watch: Big seventh gives Dodgers 8-4 win over Cubs
- Oakland Elephantines look pretty condemnatory
- NL Wild Card Watch: Pirates get late break in playoff push
- 49ers Quick Hits: Culliver emerging as top cornerback
- Roman transcript: 'Carrier is an ascending player'
- Kaepernick added to 49ers injury report
- Police called to McDonald's house after female held gun
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|