Feb 14, 2014, 3:57 PM PDT
Could Frank Gore be the next two-sport athlete? Probably not. But he doesn’t look bad in orange and black.
Michael Morse’s Twitter account is the gift that keeps on giving. Since the Giants’ new outfielder is training with Gore and Nick Moody of the San Francisco 49ers, we get to see pictures like this:
Gore is a bad, bad dude. He’s just beasting on those dumbbells with one hand in a cast, because he injured a finger during the NFC Championship.
He’s also rocking a Giants shirt. It’s hard to say which position Gore might be best suited for in baseball. He can catch the ball and run with decent speed, so maybe a left fielder? His arm strength might not be adequate enough for right field. It’s also unclear if he can hit at all. Fortunately, he’s more than satisfied sticking with his day job.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Letters to Dwight Clark make impact, reach a wider audience
- The day of reckoning may finally be here for the uneventful Giants
- Whalen Playing Well in Long-Shot Chance to Join Raiders
- Seven ways Giants can evaluate roster over final 37 games of season
- Williams' Bid to Make 49ers' Backfield May Be Over
- 49ers' 53-man roster projection midway through 2018 NFL preseason
- Alameda Unified School District Adjusts Dress Code Policies
- Snedeker returns to OWGR top 50 with Wyndham win
- Wyndham purse payout: Snedeker clears $1 million
- Langer named Payne Stewart Award recipient
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|