Feb 14, 2014, 3:57 PM PDT
Could Frank Gore be the next two-sport athlete? Probably not. But he doesn’t look bad in orange and black.
Michael Morse’s Twitter account is the gift that keeps on giving. Since the Giants’ new outfielder is training with Gore and Nick Moody of the San Francisco 49ers, we get to see pictures like this:
Gore is a bad, bad dude. He’s just beasting on those dumbbells with one hand in a cast, because he injured a finger during the NFC Championship.
He’s also rocking a Giants shirt. It’s hard to say which position Gore might be best suited for in baseball. He can catch the ball and run with decent speed, so maybe a left fielder? His arm strength might not be adequate enough for right field. It’s also unclear if he can hit at all. Fortunately, he’s more than satisfied sticking with his day job.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|