Feb 14, 2014, 9:44 AM PDT
You might want to show up a little earlier to San Francisco Giants games this season. The Giants announced that all fans entering AT&T Park will need to pass through metal detectors. Major League Baseball is asking all of its clubs to start using metal detectors by 2015.
The Oakland Athletics turned heads when they elected to start the process toward the end of the 2013 season. It made sense, though. The A’s already had the safety devices in place, because the Oakland Raiders and Golden State Warriors were already screening fans.
— Warriors fans are hoping Stephen Curry will deliver some precious metals this season. Warriors insider Monte Poole is on the scene in New Orleans for the NBA All-Star festivities and detailed Curry’s hard road to stardom.
— WE HEART THIS: 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver won an award for his work with the San Francisco SPCA.
— HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY: The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue has an issue with showing swimsuits. Guys aren’t complaining, though.
Here are some links that’ll steal your heart…
Field of Links:
— Matt Lauer and Al Roker wiped out while attempting to luge. Watch as Team USA’s Matt Mortensen makes a headfirst leaping dive onto the track to save them (1:25 mark).
— Mortensen isn’t the only sledding Olympian with superhuman skills. Check out this photo of American bobsledder Justin Olsen:
— Speaking of NBA players that are making a hilarious comeback video… Tracy McGrady is now a pitcher.
— Charles Barkley rapping “Gin and Juice” in a New Orleans club. Need I say more?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Throwback Thursday: The 2002 All-Star Game tie debacle
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|