Feb 17, 2014, 1:41 PM PST
It takes a championship level of swag to mock your opponent during a touchdown celebration. You get bonus points for later co-hosting a show with him. Accepting an award for your swag while wearing a t-shirt that says, “Swag with no brains is just wack,” well, that puts you in the Hall of Game.
On Saturday, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick won the “I Got Swag” award from Cartoon Network. He was chosen over athletes Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Kaepernick received the trophy while co-hosting the Hall of Game Awards with Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. The show airs Monday night at 7:00 p.m. on Cartoon Network.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Tesla Model S Catches Fire in Los Gatos: Fire Dept.
- Sharks beat Wild for fifth straight win behind Logan Couture, Martin Jones
- Couture Scores Two as Sharks Blank Wild For 5th Straight Win
- Shot of the Game: Lukas Radil finds Logan Couture with beautiful feed
- 49ers' DeForest Buckner snubbed from Pro Bowl, and that's ridiculous
- San Francisco Mayor Requests Brother's Early Release
- Joe Pavelski doubles Sharks lead vs. Wild thanks to sweet Tomas Hertl setup
- Logan Couture buries Lukas Radil's pass to put Sharks on the board vs. Wild
- Logan Couture caps off crazy passing sequence with second goal vs. Wild
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in 4-0 win vs. Wild as streak hits five
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|