Feb 17, 2014, 1:41 PM PDT
It takes a championship level of swag to mock your opponent during a touchdown celebration. You get bonus points for later co-hosting a show with him. Accepting an award for your swag while wearing a t-shirt that says, “Swag with no brains is just wack,” well, that puts you in the Hall of Game.
On Saturday, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick won the “I Got Swag” award from Cartoon Network. He was chosen over athletes Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Kaepernick received the trophy while co-hosting the Hall of Game Awards with Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. The show airs Monday night at 7:00 p.m. on Cartoon Network.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Letters to Dwight Clark make impact, reach a wider audience
- The day of reckoning may finally be here for the uneventful Giants
- Whalen Playing Well in Long-Shot Chance to Join Raiders
- Seven ways Giants can evaluate roster over final 37 games of season
- Williams' Bid to Make 49ers' Backfield May Be Over
- 49ers' 53-man roster projection midway through 2018 NFL preseason
- Alameda Unified School District Adjusts Dress Code Policies
- Snedeker returns to OWGR top 50 with Wyndham win
- Wyndham purse payout: Snedeker clears $1 million
- Langer named Payne Stewart Award recipient
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|