Feb 17, 2014, 3:16 PM PDT
Vernon Davis is an exceptional football player. Just don’t ask him to throw the ball.
On Monday, Davis posted an Instagram video in which he is seen trying to throw a bouquet of flowers onto the ice at the Iceberg Skating Palace in Sochi. The bouquet landed several feet short and appeared to hit a cameraman.
The hilarious mishap occurred after Maia and Alex Shibutani of Team USA performed. Hopefully you’re able to watch the video with audio, because the resulting giggles are fantastic.
Davis is attending the Sochi Olympics to serve as an honorary captain for the U.S. Curling teams. He also attended the Vancouver Olympics in the same role.
[RELATED: Vernon Davis is ‘Curling Captain America]
A quick scan of Davis’ career stats indicated that he’s never thrown the ball in a pro or college game. Aside from the fact he’s a perfectly good tight end, now you might know why.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Steph Curry explains his new flavored mouthguards
- Sharks show their toughness in Saturday night bout with Islanders
- Sharks lay the hammer on Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night'
- Watch Rajon Rondo punch Chris Paul in Lakers-Rockets NBA brawl
- Shot of the Game: Brent Burns scores his first goal of the season
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in San Jose's 4-1 win over the Islanders
- Brent Burns' first goal of the season sounds even better in Spanish
- 'GOL LOS TIBURONES DE SAN JOSE!' Joonas Donskoi give Sharks a 2-1 lead
- Watch the Sharks' goals vs. Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night' in Spanish
- Sharks fan catches puck while on the phone
- Tiempo de Timo: Meier scores for Sharks on 'Los Tiburones Night'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|