Feb 17, 2014, 3:16 PM PST
Vernon Davis is an exceptional football player. Just don’t ask him to throw the ball.
On Monday, Davis posted an Instagram video in which he is seen trying to throw a bouquet of flowers onto the ice at the Iceberg Skating Palace in Sochi. The bouquet landed several feet short and appeared to hit a cameraman.
The hilarious mishap occurred after Maia and Alex Shibutani of Team USA performed. Hopefully you’re able to watch the video with audio, because the resulting giggles are fantastic.
Davis is attending the Sochi Olympics to serve as an honorary captain for the U.S. Curling teams. He also attended the Vancouver Olympics in the same role.
[RELATED: Vernon Davis is ‘Curling Captain America]
A quick scan of Davis’ career stats indicated that he’s never thrown the ball in a pro or college game. Aside from the fact he’s a perfectly good tight end, now you might know why.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- More pics of Balfour's massive truck, and a look at another monster rig
- Field of Links: Ray Lewis has a check for Ahmad Brooks, Rangers' marketing mistake
- Check out Stephen Curry's 'Voodoo' shoes
- Roy Steele narrates phenomenal 'This is Oakland' video
- Warriors believe they're headed in right direction despite 5-22 record
- Kings' lack of maintaining intensity costs them game vs. lowly Knicks
- Jimmy Garoppolo 'really good,' but not elite, analyst Chris Simms says
- Warriors 'tired of losing' after falling to 5-22 on season
- Alec Burks drops 24 points against former team, but Warriors fall to Jazz
- Shot of the Game: Kings' Buddy Hield with an up and under slam
- Shot of the Game: Marquese Chriss follows block with wide-open dunk
- Bogdan Bogdanovic channels MJ, Steph Curry with shrug after 3-pointer
- Kings takeaways: What we learned in tough 103-101 loss to Knicks
- Analyst Chris Simms doesn't believe Jimmy G is elite
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|