Feb 20, 2014, 2:23 PM PDT
Michael Crabtree catches high-velocity passes and dodges burly defenders, so acting like a tough guy on film should be a simple transition. The San Francisco 49ers’ wide receiver caught some screen time in a special NFL-themed trailer for the movie 3 Days To Kill.
Crabtree stars alongside fellow wide receivers Dez Bryant and Alshon Jeffery. The three NFL stars are shown falling asleep on a couch with the television on, and the real 3 Days to Kill trailer somehow induces an action-packed dream sequence.
It’s a small dose, but Crabtree does look believable as an action star. Check out the running punch he delivered on this helmet-clad solider who we’ll assume is a bad guy:
He probably imagined Richard Sherman’s face on that guy before leveling him. Here’s a quick breakdown of some screen grabs of Crabtree in all of his glory:
I’m not sure how much the advertisers thought about this, but it can’t be a good sign that multiple people are sleeping through the trailer of the movie that they’re trying to promote.
These guys sure clean up nicely in their dreams.
Crabtree displays beautiful form as he sprints toward a bad guy while completely unarmed. In this dream sequence, he uses his hands as a weapon, much like he does on the football field in real life.
Their acting is scary good.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- Pence wants to teach his awkward baseball style to your kids
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Mariota throws five TD passes, No. 6 Oregon beats Cal
- Gambling Bochy creature of habit when it comes to pitchers
- Kings rally, steal preseason finale from Lakers
- Instant Replay: Giants fall short, Royals take 2-1 series lead
- US Women's soccer qualifies for World Cup
- Royals C Perez's Victoria's Secret pregame ritual
- Royals' Infante in pain, taking Toradol
- Scott could play on Sharks' blue line
- Sharks experiencing dramatic momentum shifts nightly
- Giants leave chance of turning to Bumgarner in Game 4
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|