Feb 20, 2014, 2:23 PM PST
Michael Crabtree catches high-velocity passes and dodges burly defenders, so acting like a tough guy on film should be a simple transition. The San Francisco 49ers’ wide receiver caught some screen time in a special NFL-themed trailer for the movie 3 Days To Kill.
Crabtree stars alongside fellow wide receivers Dez Bryant and Alshon Jeffery. The three NFL stars are shown falling asleep on a couch with the television on, and the real 3 Days to Kill trailer somehow induces an action-packed dream sequence.
It’s a small dose, but Crabtree does look believable as an action star. Check out the running punch he delivered on this helmet-clad solider who we’ll assume is a bad guy:
He probably imagined Richard Sherman’s face on that guy before leveling him. Here’s a quick breakdown of some screen grabs of Crabtree in all of his glory:
I’m not sure how much the advertisers thought about this, but it can’t be a good sign that multiple people are sleeping through the trailer of the movie that they’re trying to promote.
These guys sure clean up nicely in their dreams.
Crabtree displays beautiful form as he sprints toward a bad guy while completely unarmed. In this dream sequence, he uses his hands as a weapon, much like he does on the football field in real life.
Their acting is scary good.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|