Feb 20, 2014, 2:23 PM PDT
Michael Crabtree catches high-velocity passes and dodges burly defenders, so acting like a tough guy on film should be a simple transition. The San Francisco 49ers’ wide receiver caught some screen time in a special NFL-themed trailer for the movie 3 Days To Kill.
Crabtree stars alongside fellow wide receivers Dez Bryant and Alshon Jeffery. The three NFL stars are shown falling asleep on a couch with the television on, and the real 3 Days to Kill trailer somehow induces an action-packed dream sequence.
It’s a small dose, but Crabtree does look believable as an action star. Check out the running punch he delivered on this helmet-clad solider who we’ll assume is a bad guy:
He probably imagined Richard Sherman’s face on that guy before leveling him. Here’s a quick breakdown of some screen grabs of Crabtree in all of his glory:
I’m not sure how much the advertisers thought about this, but it can’t be a good sign that multiple people are sleeping through the trailer of the movie that they’re trying to promote.
These guys sure clean up nicely in their dreams.
Crabtree displays beautiful form as he sprints toward a bad guy while completely unarmed. In this dream sequence, he uses his hands as a weapon, much like he does on the football field in real life.
Their acting is scary good.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Boy Ejected From Slide at Dublin's New Water Park
- Barricaded Subject Leads to Police Activity in Castro Valley
- Water Slide Scare at Dublin's New Park Prompts Investigation
- Player: Time to recount senior major totals
- Rahm cracks top 10, Harman barely misses Open bid
- UVA's Walsh playing NCAA's with stitches in his head
- Search Called Off for Boater Who Jumped in Delta to Save Hat
- Giants Top Braves 7-1 in Series Finale
- Man With Ax Shot, Killed by Police in San Jose
- Couple and Pet Dogs Escape House Fire in San Jose
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|