Feb 20, 2014, 2:23 PM PDT
Michael Crabtree catches high-velocity passes and dodges burly defenders, so acting like a tough guy on film should be a simple transition. The San Francisco 49ers’ wide receiver caught some screen time in a special NFL-themed trailer for the movie 3 Days To Kill.
Crabtree stars alongside fellow wide receivers Dez Bryant and Alshon Jeffery. The three NFL stars are shown falling asleep on a couch with the television on, and the real 3 Days to Kill trailer somehow induces an action-packed dream sequence.
It’s a small dose, but Crabtree does look believable as an action star. Check out the running punch he delivered on this helmet-clad solider who we’ll assume is a bad guy:
He probably imagined Richard Sherman’s face on that guy before leveling him. Here’s a quick breakdown of some screen grabs of Crabtree in all of his glory:
I’m not sure how much the advertisers thought about this, but it can’t be a good sign that multiple people are sleeping through the trailer of the movie that they’re trying to promote.
These guys sure clean up nicely in their dreams.
Crabtree displays beautiful form as he sprints toward a bad guy while completely unarmed. In this dream sequence, he uses his hands as a weapon, much like he does on the football field in real life.
Their acting is scary good.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dons' NCAA Tournament quest falls short against BYU
- Pacific Watch: Maple Leafs down Ducks night before visiting Sharks
- Stars' Peverly collapses on bench, game suspended
- Western Watch: Ahead of showdown with W's, Clips beat Suns
- Saint Mary's tourney hopes dashed with loss to Gonzaga
- Is Stephen Curry third best player in the NBA?
- Report: Absent a trade, Bucs will cut Revis on Wednesday
- Parker roughed up, A's-Dodgers ends in tie
- Giants notes: Players encouraged to seek help from Bonds
- Sharks winning despite power play futility
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|cinderellafellajoe on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
- You must see the Fresno Grizzlies’ Ninja Turtle uniforms
- Seahawks dominate jersey sales with Kap and 49ers finishing third
- There’s a Golden State Warriors sport coat
- Field of Links: Sharks chomp Penguins, Klay’s best friend, high school student taking NFL cheerleader to prom
- Lincecum swaps uniforms with much larger teammate