Feb 20, 2014, 10:09 AM PDT
Sacramento Kings star Isaiah Thomas will deliver pizza to your home. You see, Thomas always dreamed of being a pizza delivery guy. Sadly, he was forced to settle on a lucrative career in the NBA.
Uber is allowing him to live his dream for one evening, before he has to go back to slumming it as a professional basketball player. If you live in the Sacramento area, open the Uber app between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Friday to request a pie.
— The Golden State Warriors got a much-needed win over Thomas and the Kings on Wednesday, and they did it with a solid defensive effort. They also made a move to acquire Steve Blake — who looks just like Alex Smith — from the Lakers.
— HONORING A HERO: Donnie Navidad will be honored at Oracle Arena on Friday. He was the Marine Corps veteran that sprung to action in order to save a woman that jumped off the upper deck at the Oakland Coliseum during a Raiders game.
— The two men accused of beating Brian Stow outside of Dodgers Stadium are expected to plead guilty. Louie Sanchez, 31, is expected to serve eight years, while Marvin Norwood, 32, could be given a four-year sentence. Meanwhile, Stow and his family have a lifetime of issues to deal with. It doesn’t seem like the punishment fits the crime.
— The Oakland Athletics may be looking at another international season opener in 2015. A’s reporter Joe Stiglich will tell you where they might play.
— There’s a fascinating post on Reddit from a user that lined up against Vernon Davis in high school. Here’s a sample: “Vernon Davis made me never want to play outside LB ever again, even in videogames.”
— The Arizona Cardinals are building their defense around stopping Colin Kaepernick, writes 49ers insider Matt Maiocco. If they’re lucky, they’ll also find a way to stop Davis, unlike that Reddit user.
Field of Links:
— Maybe the Cardinals can also find a way to stop Kaepernick from singing Katy Perry songs in the future.
— Brian Williams and Lester Holt perform rapper’s delight… sort of. This must have been incredibly hard to edit.
— CUTEST VIDEO OF THE DAY: A solider surprised his young daughter by hiding in a big birthday present.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- Case of the Mondays: Curry's 'Grammy Shoes' light up the court, Seattle restaurant offers 'Crabtree's Tears'
- Containment Numbers for North Bay Fires Steadily Improve
- Man Dies After Being Stabbed in South San Jose: Police
- Santa Rosa Couple Sues PG&E, Claims Negligence in Tubbs Fire
- Crew Strive to Gain Control of Fire in Santa Cruz Mountains
- North Bay Schools to Stay Closed Rest of Week
- Sharks Offense Comes Alive in Victory Over Canadiens
- Rockets Stun Warriors in 2017 Season Opener
- Napa Resident's Hayward Business Robbed as He Fights Flames
- Californians Brace for Emotional Toll From Wildfires
- Wildfire Guts 4 Structures in Santa Cruz Mountains
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|