Feb 20, 2014, 10:09 AM PDT
Sacramento Kings star Isaiah Thomas will deliver pizza to your home. You see, Thomas always dreamed of being a pizza delivery guy. Sadly, he was forced to settle on a lucrative career in the NBA.
Uber is allowing him to live his dream for one evening, before he has to go back to slumming it as a professional basketball player. If you live in the Sacramento area, open the Uber app between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Friday to request a pie.
— The Golden State Warriors got a much-needed win over Thomas and the Kings on Wednesday, and they did it with a solid defensive effort. They also made a move to acquire Steve Blake — who looks just like Alex Smith — from the Lakers.
— HONORING A HERO: Donnie Navidad will be honored at Oracle Arena on Friday. He was the Marine Corps veteran that sprung to action in order to save a woman that jumped off the upper deck at the Oakland Coliseum during a Raiders game.
— The two men accused of beating Brian Stow outside of Dodgers Stadium are expected to plead guilty. Louie Sanchez, 31, is expected to serve eight years, while Marvin Norwood, 32, could be given a four-year sentence. Meanwhile, Stow and his family have a lifetime of issues to deal with. It doesn’t seem like the punishment fits the crime.
— The Oakland Athletics may be looking at another international season opener in 2015. A’s reporter Joe Stiglich will tell you where they might play.
— There’s a fascinating post on Reddit from a user that lined up against Vernon Davis in high school. Here’s a sample: “Vernon Davis made me never want to play outside LB ever again, even in videogames.”
— The Arizona Cardinals are building their defense around stopping Colin Kaepernick, writes 49ers insider Matt Maiocco. If they’re lucky, they’ll also find a way to stop Davis, unlike that Reddit user.
Field of Links:
— Maybe the Cardinals can also find a way to stop Kaepernick from singing Katy Perry songs in the future.
— Brian Williams and Lester Holt perform rapper’s delight… sort of. This must have been incredibly hard to edit.
— CUTEST VIDEO OF THE DAY: A solider surprised his young daughter by hiding in a big birthday present.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- A rare glimpse inside the Raiders' Equipment Room
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Check out Stephen Curry's 'Voodoo' shoes
- Field of Links: The Bay Bridge Troll is safe, but distance between Oak and SF feels farther than ever
- Hunter Pence blasts 437-foot moonshot Petco scoreboard in San Diego
- Warriors Tour Chase Center in San Francisco's Mission Bay
- SFPD Demonstrates New Simulator For Deadly Force Training
- Convicted Kidnapper Faces New Charges, May Question Victims
- SJC Testing High-Tech Security Upgrades Along Fence Line
- Jury Finds Man Guilty in 'Gypsy Hill' Serial Killings
- New Inspection of Millennium Tower Window
- WATCH: Angels vs A's
- McDonald's Workers,in SF Rally Against Sexual Harassment
- WATCH: Giants vs Padres
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|