Feb 20, 2014, 10:09 AM PST
Sacramento Kings star Isaiah Thomas will deliver pizza to your home. You see, Thomas always dreamed of being a pizza delivery guy. Sadly, he was forced to settle on a lucrative career in the NBA.
Uber is allowing him to live his dream for one evening, before he has to go back to slumming it as a professional basketball player. If you live in the Sacramento area, open the Uber app between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Friday to request a pie.
— The Golden State Warriors got a much-needed win over Thomas and the Kings on Wednesday, and they did it with a solid defensive effort. They also made a move to acquire Steve Blake — who looks just like Alex Smith — from the Lakers.
— HONORING A HERO: Donnie Navidad will be honored at Oracle Arena on Friday. He was the Marine Corps veteran that sprung to action in order to save a woman that jumped off the upper deck at the Oakland Coliseum during a Raiders game.
— The two men accused of beating Brian Stow outside of Dodgers Stadium are expected to plead guilty. Louie Sanchez, 31, is expected to serve eight years, while Marvin Norwood, 32, could be given a four-year sentence. Meanwhile, Stow and his family have a lifetime of issues to deal with. It doesn’t seem like the punishment fits the crime.
— The Oakland Athletics may be looking at another international season opener in 2015. A’s reporter Joe Stiglich will tell you where they might play.
— There’s a fascinating post on Reddit from a user that lined up against Vernon Davis in high school. Here’s a sample: “Vernon Davis made me never want to play outside LB ever again, even in videogames.”
— The Arizona Cardinals are building their defense around stopping Colin Kaepernick, writes 49ers insider Matt Maiocco. If they’re lucky, they’ll also find a way to stop Davis, unlike that Reddit user.
Field of Links:
— Maybe the Cardinals can also find a way to stop Kaepernick from singing Katy Perry songs in the future.
— Brian Williams and Lester Holt perform rapper’s delight… sort of. This must have been incredibly hard to edit.
— CUTEST VIDEO OF THE DAY: A solider surprised his young daughter by hiding in a big birthday present.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Field of Links: 2Pac look-alike at Warriors game, Danville teacher asks Will Ferrell to Senior Prom
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Find out where the 49ers stand in the EA Sports Madden 25 ratings
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- Warriors' DeMarcus Cousins 'nervous' but better player now than before
- Homeless Man Killed by Fallen Tree Branch in Oakland
- DeMarcus Cousins explains what he likes most about Warriors' mentality
- Niners' James Had Big Impact in a Limited Role
- Heavy Storm Impacts Bay Area Traffic
- Garbageman Struck, Killed by Own Garbage Truck in Daly City
- George Karl 'excited' to watch DeMarcus Cousins' Warriors debut vs. Clippers
- Raiders' Jalen Richard Evolves Into Deluxe Receiver
- Giants' Joey Bart named top catching prospect in baseball by MLB Pipeline
- DeMarcus Cousins’ debut means Warriors will face 10 crucial questions
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|