Feb 20, 2014, 3:02 PM PDT
Addison Russell is a quick learner. The 20-year-old A’s top prospect hadn’t picked up a ping pong paddle before the 2013 baseball season. Since the Stockton Ports clubhouse has a table, he decided to learn how to play. His teammates may have said it best at the time, when they claimed that Russell is the most exciting player in the Cal League, but not at ping pong.
The video was shot in August of 2013, and ended up on the cutting room floor of our “Ask Addison Russell Anything” feature. When A’s fans learned there was video of Russell playing ping pong, they demanded to see it. From our Field of Teams archives to you, enjoy the short feature.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- The three things you need to know from 49ers' 41-39 loss vs Rams
- Bay Area Man Hits $3 Million Jackpot on Lottery Scratcher
- Politicians Accept Thousands From Donors With Extremist Ties
- Earthquake Preparedness: 'It's Not a Question of If'
- Rescue Efforts Continue in Mexico City Following Earthquake
- Mexico Quakes Offer Warning for California's Preparedness
- 49ers Fall Short Against Rams on 'Thursday Night Football'
- Carlos Hyde: 49ers 'capable of winning whole lot of games'
- What happened on 49ers' failed two-point conversion?
- Shanahan: After frustrating final, 'proud' of 49ers' fight vs Rams
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard stopped…|