Feb 20, 2014, 3:02 PM PDT
Addison Russell is a quick learner. The 20-year-old A’s top prospect hadn’t picked up a ping pong paddle before the 2013 baseball season. Since the Stockton Ports clubhouse has a table, he decided to learn how to play. His teammates may have said it best at the time, when they claimed that Russell is the most exciting player in the Cal League, but not at ping pong.
The video was shot in August of 2013, and ended up on the cutting room floor of our “Ask Addison Russell Anything” feature. When A’s fans learned there was video of Russell playing ping pong, they demanded to see it. From our Field of Teams archives to you, enjoy the short feature.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Police Activity Outside CVS Store in Concord
- Diamondbacks blow out A’s on Star Wars night
- Corbin dominates, A's can't contain D'Backs in series opener
- LeBron, Cavs force Game 7 in East Finals vs Celtics
- PG&E Legal Claims Cast Fire Blame on North Bay Counties
- Canha gets the A's on the board with solo shot
- 'Hissing' Doctor Sells Controversial Medical Remedy
- Get hyped for Game 6 of Rockets-Warriors
- Man Wanted for Ramming Police Cars Captured in South Bay
- All EB I-80 Lanes Near Carquinez Bridge Opened After Crashes
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|