Feb 25, 2014, 9:49 AM PDT
The world hasn’t seen an upset victory this significant since Lamba Lambda Lambda defeated Alpha Beta. Oakland Athletics fans have pulled off what seemed like an impossible feat. They managed to vote Eric Sogard into the final four of the “Face of MLB” competition, and they defeated San Francisco Giants fans and Buster Posey in the process. It really wasn’t even close.
A’s fans played Twitter as brilliantly as Arnold Poindexter on the violin.
They got the voting started early and sustained it throughout the night in order to win by a 10 percent margin. Next, Sogard faces Blue Jays right fielder Jose Bautista, public enemy No. 1 of the right field bleachers, with a trip to the finals on the line.
— You probably saw Warriors forward Klay Thompson posterize Kyle Singler en route to a 104-96 win over the Pistons. But you haven’t really seen it until you hear legendary WWE announcer Jim Ross call it.
— Twerkamania came to Oracle Arena on Monday night. Miley Cyrus was in town for her “Bangerz” tour (yeah, it’s really calld that), and she was welcomed to the East Bay with her own Golden State Warriors jersey.
Too bad it’s waaaaay too big. If they had seen Cyrus’ performance in the “23” music video, they’d know that she only wears infant sized jerseys. WARNING: The song has foul language and is infectiously catchy.
— Cyrus also donned a Raiders lid when she met Raiders running back Latavius Murray, and he couldn’t have looked more thrilled.
Field of Links:
— MMMM BACON: The Iron Pigs will be wearing bacon uniforms!!!
— SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST: A True Detective parody starring cats!
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|