Feb 26, 2014, 9:46 AM PST
Conspiracy theory alert: The Oakland Athletics have removed “Oakland” from their web domain. The new streamlined Athletics.com is easier to type and more convenient for web surfers that don’t have an autofill browser, but there will be people out there that make this about the team’s efforts to move out of Oakland. The tinfoil hat-wearing public could note the change is better for branding, since it now matches their “@Athletics” Twitter and Instagram accounts.
— You’ve probably noticed that your Twitter timeline is being hijacked by Eric Sogard fans again. Sogard is facing Jose Bautista in the semifinals of the “Face of MLB” competition. The bespectacled, likable, underdog infielder has a legitimate chance to make it to the finals against David Wright. You may as well jump on board and help completely undermine MLB’s online efforts. Why not? Besides, look at this face:
— Discrimination doesn’t pay. Arizona could lose the Super Bowl if it passes an anti-gay law.
Time to run through some links!
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- More pics of Balfour's massive truck, and a look at another monster rig
- Field of Links: Ray Lewis has a check for Ahmad Brooks, Rangers' marketing mistake
- Check out Stephen Curry's 'Voodoo' shoes
- Roy Steele narrates phenomenal 'This is Oakland' video
- Warriors say their showing progress even if the scoreboard says otherwise
- Jimmy Garoppolo 'really good,' but not elite, analyst Chris Simms says
- Shot of the Game: Kings' Buddy Hield with an up and under slam
- Shot of the Game: Marquese Chriss follows block with wide-open dunk
- Bogdan Bogdanovic channels MJ, Steph Curry with shrug after 3-pointer
- Kings takeaways: What we learned in tough 103-101 loss to Knicks
- Analyst Chris Simms doesn't believe Jimmy G is elite
- Warriors takeaways: What we learned in deflating 114-106 loss to Jazz
- 49ers tackle Joe Staley doesn't have looming retirement on his mind
- Ask Kerith: What's the best etiquette for getting players' autographs?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|