Feb 26, 2014, 9:46 AM PDT
Conspiracy theory alert: The Oakland Athletics have removed “Oakland” from their web domain. The new streamlined Athletics.com is easier to type and more convenient for web surfers that don’t have an autofill browser, but there will be people out there that make this about the team’s efforts to move out of Oakland. The tinfoil hat-wearing public could note the change is better for branding, since it now matches their “@Athletics” Twitter and Instagram accounts.
— You’ve probably noticed that your Twitter timeline is being hijacked by Eric Sogard fans again. Sogard is facing Jose Bautista in the semifinals of the “Face of MLB” competition. The bespectacled, likable, underdog infielder has a legitimate chance to make it to the finals against David Wright. You may as well jump on board and help completely undermine MLB’s online efforts. Why not? Besides, look at this face:
— Discrimination doesn’t pay. Arizona could lose the Super Bowl if it passes an anti-gay law.
Time to run through some links!
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Betcha' didn't know this about baseballs
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Hall and Oates, Tears For Fears Show in San Jose Postponed
- Pepper Spray Prompts Evacuations at South San Jose Hotel
- Highlights: Another Giants loss? Here's a skateboarding dog and dancing kid
- Father Arrested After Abandoning Baby in Suisun City: Police
- Bochy voices frustration with umpire after loss to Pirates
- Pavlovic: Headed to Sacramento, Pablo has lot of work to do
- Fallon Smith throws down on Ahmed Fareed in #DriveByDunkChallenge
- Listless Giants roughed up by Pirates in ejection-filled series opener
- Woman Arrested in Man's Fatal Stabbing in Burlingame Home
- Done with SJ, Pablo trying to get to San Francisco as soon as possible
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|