Feb 26, 2014, 9:46 AM PST
Conspiracy theory alert: The Oakland Athletics have removed “Oakland” from their web domain. The new streamlined Athletics.com is easier to type and more convenient for web surfers that don’t have an autofill browser, but there will be people out there that make this about the team’s efforts to move out of Oakland. The tinfoil hat-wearing public could note the change is better for branding, since it now matches their “@Athletics” Twitter and Instagram accounts.
— You’ve probably noticed that your Twitter timeline is being hijacked by Eric Sogard fans again. Sogard is facing Jose Bautista in the semifinals of the “Face of MLB” competition. The bespectacled, likable, underdog infielder has a legitimate chance to make it to the finals against David Wright. You may as well jump on board and help completely undermine MLB’s online efforts. Why not? Besides, look at this face:
— Discrimination doesn’t pay. Arizona could lose the Super Bowl if it passes an anti-gay law.
Time to run through some links!
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks Remain Undefeated After Bye Week With Win in Arizona
- Sharks remain undefeated after bye week with win in Arizona
- Mikkel Boedker stays hot with second goal in as many games
- Airbnb Hosts in SF Scramble to Register Listings With City
- SJ City Council to Mull Increased Civilian Oversight for PD
- 4 Hurt in Campus Riot Over Milo Yiannopoulos Speech Sue Cal
- Andrew McCutchen: The GIF that keeps on GIFing
- Mike Krukow named 2017 Sportscaster of the year
- Trade Talk: Samardzija on Longo and Cutch acquisitions
- CHP Motorcycle Cop Hurt, Driver Arrested After Hwy. 4 Wreck
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|