Mar 5, 2014, 3:54 PM PDT
Oakland has ports. Portland has oaks. The two cities share some similarities, but they can’t share the Raiders.
That’s where a recent online petition comes into play. Over 1,600 people have signed a letter asking the Governor of Oregon to help move an NFL team to Portland.
The Raiders aren’t specifically mentioned in the petition, but seem to be the focal point of the NFL to Portland website. Here’s their sales pitch:
Portland is the nation’s largest metropolitan area that is served by only one of the Big Three Major League sports organizations.
They seem to be targeting the Raiders because they are the last NFL team that shares a stadium. While the story is generating some headlines, it currently lacks any serious substance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Gilroy Teen Has 'Eye-Opening' Audition for NBC's 'The Voice'
- Man Arrested After Posing as Nurse at SF Medical Clinic: DA
- East Palo Alto Man Accused of Running Illegal Cockfights
- Cost of Living, Traffic Driving Millennials Out of Bay Area
- Arrest Made in SF Triple Shooting That Killed Woman
- Chip Kelly: 'Zero distraction' from Colin Kaepernick last season
- VTA Train Strikes, Kills Pedestrian in Campbell
- One Person Burned in Redwood City Elementary School Fire
- Twitter Eases 140-Character Limit in Replies
- When asked about facing Kings for first time, Cousins plays possum
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|