Mar 5, 2014, 3:54 PM PDT
Oakland has ports. Portland has oaks. The two cities share some similarities, but they can’t share the Raiders.
That’s where a recent online petition comes into play. Over 1,600 people have signed a letter asking the Governor of Oregon to help move an NFL team to Portland.
The Raiders aren’t specifically mentioned in the petition, but seem to be the focal point of the NFL to Portland website. Here’s their sales pitch:
Portland is the nation’s largest metropolitan area that is served by only one of the Big Three Major League sports organizations.
They seem to be targeting the Raiders because they are the last NFL team that shares a stadium. While the story is generating some headlines, it currently lacks any serious substance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ayesha Curry shows off rap skills with Steph and E-40 on stage
- Giants lineup: Nunez returns, Panik gets night off vs Braves
- 12 Workers Injured in Oakland Construction Site Collapse
- Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations at Apple Campus in Cupertino
- Giants reinstate Hill from DL, option Okert to Triple-A Sacramento
- Jose Canseco recalls famous blunder where ball hit him in head for home run
- A's notes: Injury bug hits starting rotation
- Small Plane Crashes Near Concord Airport
- WATCH: A's vs Yankees
- A's call up Cotton, shake up rotation for Yankees series
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|