Mar 5, 2014, 3:54 PM PDT
Oakland has ports. Portland has oaks. The two cities share some similarities, but they can’t share the Raiders.
That’s where a recent online petition comes into play. Over 1,600 people have signed a letter asking the Governor of Oregon to help move an NFL team to Portland.
The Raiders aren’t specifically mentioned in the petition, but seem to be the focal point of the NFL to Portland website. Here’s their sales pitch:
Portland is the nation’s largest metropolitan area that is served by only one of the Big Three Major League sports organizations.
They seem to be targeting the Raiders because they are the last NFL team that shares a stadium. While the story is generating some headlines, it currently lacks any serious substance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- The three things you need to know from 49ers' 41-39 loss vs Rams
- Bay Area Man Hits $3 Million Jackpot on Lottery Scratcher
- Politicians Accept Thousands From Donors With Extremist Ties
- Earthquake Preparedness: 'It's Not a Question of If'
- Rescue Efforts Continue in Mexico City Following Earthquake
- Mexico Quakes Offer Warning for California's Preparedness
- 49ers Fall Short Against Rams on 'Thursday Night Football'
- Carlos Hyde: 49ers 'capable of winning whole lot of games'
- What happened on 49ers' failed two-point conversion?
- Shanahan: After frustrating final, 'proud' of 49ers' fight vs Rams
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard stopped…|