Mar 5, 2014, 3:54 PM PDT
Oakland has ports. Portland has oaks. The two cities share some similarities, but they can’t share the Raiders.
That’s where a recent online petition comes into play. Over 1,600 people have signed a letter asking the Governor of Oregon to help move an NFL team to Portland.
The Raiders aren’t specifically mentioned in the petition, but seem to be the focal point of the NFL to Portland website. Here’s their sales pitch:
Portland is the nation’s largest metropolitan area that is served by only one of the Big Three Major League sports organizations.
They seem to be targeting the Raiders because they are the last NFL team that shares a stadium. While the story is generating some headlines, it currently lacks any serious substance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Calaveras Reservoir Fire Grows to 128 Acres
- Vigil Held for Murdered Waitress in 1996 Cold Case
- How A's Sheldon Neuse made smooth transition from third base to second
- A's induct five Hall of Famers before crushing Rangers
- Carpool to the Park with Javier Lopez and Jeff Francoeur
- Drive of the Game: Marcus Semien crushes 32nd homer of season
- A's score seven runs in first inning, go on to crush Rangers 12-3
- A's Barreto, Profar turn incredible game-ending double play vs. Rangers
- Is Jordan Poole-Zendaya date happening? Warriors rookie says he's trying
- Martin Jones 'really solid' in preseason debut despite Sharks' loss
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|