Mar 5, 2014, 3:54 PM PST
Oakland has ports. Portland has oaks. The two cities share some similarities, but they can’t share the Raiders.
That’s where a recent online petition comes into play. Over 1,600 people have signed a letter asking the Governor of Oregon to help move an NFL team to Portland.
The Raiders aren’t specifically mentioned in the petition, but seem to be the focal point of the NFL to Portland website. Here’s their sales pitch:
Portland is the nation’s largest metropolitan area that is served by only one of the Big Three Major League sports organizations.
They seem to be targeting the Raiders because they are the last NFL team that shares a stadium. While the story is generating some headlines, it currently lacks any serious substance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bucket-by-bucket: Kosta Koufos erupts for season-high 16 vs Nuggets
- Instant Analysis: Kings buried by Nuggets despite solid effort from veterans
- 11 Tied to Hells Angels Indicted for Racketeering: Officials
- 'Painted Lady' Portable Restroom Unveiled in San Francisco
- Shot of the Game: Vinsanity relives his 2000 Dunk Contest
- Partial Settlement Reached in 2015 Berkeley Balcony Collapse
- Special Olympics Floor Hockey Event Lifts Sharks' Spirit
- Search For Missing Boater Continues Off Half Moon Bay Coast
- President Trump vs. Marshawn Lynch: Who wins?
- Feds Investigate Small Plane Crash Into San Jose House
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|