Mar 5, 2014, 3:54 PM PST
Oakland has ports. Portland has oaks. The two cities share some similarities, but they can’t share the Raiders.
That’s where a recent online petition comes into play. Over 1,600 people have signed a letter asking the Governor of Oregon to help move an NFL team to Portland.
The Raiders aren’t specifically mentioned in the petition, but seem to be the focal point of the NFL to Portland website. Here’s their sales pitch:
Portland is the nation’s largest metropolitan area that is served by only one of the Big Three Major League sports organizations.
They seem to be targeting the Raiders because they are the last NFL team that shares a stadium. While the story is generating some headlines, it currently lacks any serious substance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Quinn Cook, Jordan Bell, Damian Jones reveal career paths if not for NBA
- San Jose Sued Over Downtown Development Deal With Google
- Jon Gruden: Kolton Miller 'gaining strength through playing' injury-riddled Raiders rookie season
- Could Michael Brantley solve one of lineup's biggest problems?
- 49ers receiver Marquise Goodwin downplays concern over head injuries
- Raiders' Miller Is Struggling, but Gruden Admires His Grit
- Interactive: Camp Fire Containment, Damage Map, Air Quality
- Before & After: NorCal Wildfire Leaves Town Unrecognizable
- Steve Kerr explains how Draymond Green has changed this season
- Niners Keep Letting Late Leads Slip Away
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|