Mar 10, 2014, 12:57 PM PST
Cowabunga, dude! San Francisco Giants minor leaguers will look like heroes in a half-shell during an upcoming game. Members of the triple-A Fresno Grizzlies will be wearing a special-edition Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles uniform on August 2. The jerseys are offered in the signature colors of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Rafael, and Donatello, but fans will vote to decide which turtle the team will emulate on the field. All versions of the jerseys will be part of a charity auction online and during the game.
Hopefully Master Splinter will be on hand to thwart the evil efforts of villains Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, while the Grizzlies are busy worrying about their opposition on the field.
The super hero concept isn’t new to Grizzlies fans. Check out the Batman uniforms the team wore in 2012:
They also went all in on a Star Wars concept last season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bucket-by-bucket: Kosta Koufos erupts for season-high 16 vs Nuggets
- Instant Analysis: Kings buried by Nuggets despite solid effort from veterans
- 11 Tied to Hells Angels Indicted for Racketeering: Officials
- 'Painted Lady' Portable Restroom Unveiled in San Francisco
- Shot of the Game: Vinsanity relives his 2000 Dunk Contest
- Partial Settlement Reached in 2015 Berkeley Balcony Collapse
- Special Olympics Floor Hockey Event Lifts Sharks' Spirit
- Search For Missing Boater Continues Off Half Moon Bay Coast
- President Trump vs. Marshawn Lynch: Who wins?
- Feds Investigate Small Plane Crash Into San Jose House
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|