Mar 10, 2014, 12:57 PM PDT
Cowabunga, dude! San Francisco Giants minor leaguers will look like heroes in a half-shell during an upcoming game. Members of the triple-A Fresno Grizzlies will be wearing a special-edition Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles uniform on August 2. The jerseys are offered in the signature colors of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Rafael, and Donatello, but fans will vote to decide which turtle the team will emulate on the field. All versions of the jerseys will be part of a charity auction online and during the game.
Hopefully Master Splinter will be on hand to thwart the evil efforts of villains Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, while the Grizzlies are busy worrying about their opposition on the field.
The super hero concept isn’t new to Grizzlies fans. Check out the Batman uniforms the team wore in 2012:
They also went all in on a Star Wars concept last season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Yonder Alonso takes you through his painful foul ball vs Astros
- Highlights: Jaycob Brugman lays out for spectacular diving catch
- How bad is Yonder Alonso's injury? 'Got him pretty good'
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways from A's loss despite five home runs
- Pit Bull Recovering After Found Badly Injured in Palo Alto
- New San Francisco Center Devoted to Poster Art
- Cubs outfielder vows he didn't give Trump the middle finger at White House
- Drive of the Game: A's slugger Khris Davis crushes two homers in Houston
- Consumers Say Health Club Misled Them
- Giants notes: Melancon gets injection; Kontos gets an at-bat
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|