Mar 10, 2014, 12:57 PM PDT
Cowabunga, dude! San Francisco Giants minor leaguers will look like heroes in a half-shell during an upcoming game. Members of the triple-A Fresno Grizzlies will be wearing a special-edition Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles uniform on August 2. The jerseys are offered in the signature colors of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Rafael, and Donatello, but fans will vote to decide which turtle the team will emulate on the field. All versions of the jerseys will be part of a charity auction online and during the game.
Hopefully Master Splinter will be on hand to thwart the evil efforts of villains Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, while the Grizzlies are busy worrying about their opposition on the field.
The super hero concept isn’t new to Grizzlies fans. Check out the Batman uniforms the team wore in 2012:
They also went all in on a Star Wars concept last season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Overturned Tanker Truck on Hwy. 101 in San Martin
- Draymond Green willing to return despite aching finger and heavy heart
- Steph Curry takes jab at Michael Jordan for Hall of Fame comment
- HEADSTRONG: Charles Haley opens up on his bipolar disease, mental illness
- Bay Area rapper E-40 drops 49ers-themed song before game vs. Seahawks
- Raiders fans can dare to dream of Jon Gruden leading team to playoffs
- Former 49ers great Charles Haley tackles mental illness in HEADSTRONG
- Rebirth, Angst and the 'New Normal' of California Wildfires
- NFL Draft 2020: Where 49ers, Raiders would pick if season ended today
- San Quinn, Young Sight get you hyped for 49ers-Seahawks prime-time clash
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|