Mar 10, 2014, 12:57 PM PDT
Cowabunga, dude! San Francisco Giants minor leaguers will look like heroes in a half-shell during an upcoming game. Members of the triple-A Fresno Grizzlies will be wearing a special-edition Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles uniform on August 2. The jerseys are offered in the signature colors of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Rafael, and Donatello, but fans will vote to decide which turtle the team will emulate on the field. All versions of the jerseys will be part of a charity auction online and during the game.
Hopefully Master Splinter will be on hand to thwart the evil efforts of villains Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, while the Grizzlies are busy worrying about their opposition on the field.
The super hero concept isn’t new to Grizzlies fans. Check out the Batman uniforms the team wore in 2012:
They also went all in on a Star Wars concept last season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Redick got 'break-up call,' can't put finger on why Clippers didn't have fun
- The real issue that lingers now that OJ Simpson is a free man
- Down on the Farm: Voice of the River Cats evaluates Giants prospects
- Curry likes response to tweet comparing OJ Simpson hearing to 3-1 lead
- Steve Nash doesn't watch every Warriors game: 'I would think my value...'
- 49ers offense: Top competitions entering training camp
- 70,096-Acre Detwiler Fire Guts 45 Structures Near Yosemite
- SF Mayor Will Sign Eviction Law Following NBC Investigation
- Report: Cavs in serious talks with Derrick Rose
- Spieth, Koepka and Kuchar share Open lead
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|