Mar 10, 2014, 12:57 PM PST
Cowabunga, dude! San Francisco Giants minor leaguers will look like heroes in a half-shell during an upcoming game. Members of the triple-A Fresno Grizzlies will be wearing a special-edition Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles uniform on August 2. The jerseys are offered in the signature colors of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Rafael, and Donatello, but fans will vote to decide which turtle the team will emulate on the field. All versions of the jerseys will be part of a charity auction online and during the game.
Hopefully Master Splinter will be on hand to thwart the evil efforts of villains Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, while the Grizzlies are busy worrying about their opposition on the field.
The super hero concept isn’t new to Grizzlies fans. Check out the Batman uniforms the team wore in 2012:
They also went all in on a Star Wars concept last season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Quinn Cook, Jordan Bell, Damian Jones reveal career paths if not for NBA
- San Jose Sued Over Downtown Development Deal With Google
- Jon Gruden: Kolton Miller 'gaining strength through playing' injury-riddled Raiders rookie season
- Could Michael Brantley solve one of lineup's biggest problems?
- 49ers receiver Marquise Goodwin downplays concern over head injuries
- Raiders' Miller Is Struggling, but Gruden Admires His Grit
- Interactive: Camp Fire Containment, Damage Map, Air Quality
- Before & After: NorCal Wildfire Leaves Town Unrecognizable
- Steve Kerr explains how Draymond Green has changed this season
- Niners Keep Letting Late Leads Slip Away
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|