May 10, 2014, 3:26 PM PST
The Nerd Power movement in Oakland is alive and well. Friday’s game featured a “nerdy” glasses giveaway in honor of bespectacled second baseman, Eric Sogard. To coincide with the game, this “Talk Nerdy To Me” music video was released. It appears to be produced by members of “The Herd,” which coincidentally rhymes with nerd.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Field of Links: Seahawks fan gets a 'Super Bowl XLVIII Champs' tattoo
- Rewind: Fourth line, third period stand out in Sharks win
- Saint Mary's beats Loyola for ninth straight 20-win season
- Instant Replay: Early goals stand up as Sharks beat Coyotes
- San Jose's Aaron Gordon puts on show, loses slam dunk contest
- Derksen leads USF past San Diego, back to .500 in WCC
- Cal holds on vs Oregon State to stay undefeated at home
- Rogers scores 12 in San Jose State's loss to New Mexico
- Draymond Green ties Kevin Hart in three-point shootout
- Thompson gets revenge, beats Curry, Booker in 3-point contest
- Towns takes out Green, Cousins on way to Skills Challenge win
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|