Jul 5, 2013, 2:08 PM PDT
Less than an inch can alter the course of history in Major League Baseball. It is imperative that field dimensions are exact and that umpires have a clearly defined boundary to determine whether a ball is fair or foul. So how exactly do they do it?
Jun 28, 2013, 2:22 PM PDT
Have you ever wondered how far the Coco Lean Bobblehead actually leans? Or how it is made? Or how much plastic it takes to make 15,000 bobbleheads? All of these answers are one click away.
Jun 27, 2013, 12:25 PM PDT
Have you ever wondered what the deal is with that weird pink backpack that A’s reliever Sean Doolittle carries to the bullpen? Or what exactly is inside it? Read more for the answer.
Jun 25, 2013, 5:46 PM PDT
Have you ever wondered where those elaborate paintings in left field at the Oakland Coliseum come from? We found the artist.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Raiders 2018 offseason scoreboard
- Quinn Cook states his case for spot on Warriors playoff roster
- Fire Rips Through North Beach Building, Pumps Smoke Over SF
- Child, Adult Injured After East Bay Freeway Shooting: CHP
- Buddy Hield is evolving, playing the best basketball of his career
- Sheriff's Office Conducts Homicide Investigation in Hayward
- San Francisco Firefighters Control Four-Alarm Fire
- Watch: Woods lashes at drive, recoils like crazy
- Tiger Tracker: Arnold Palmer Invitational
- McIlroy: Time for Tour to limit alcohol sales on course
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|