Jan 6, 2014, 5:00 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are hiring people to run in their Hall of Fame Mascot Race. If you love sweating profusely, being taunted by fans, and living in fear that you may fall on your face in front of thousands of people, then this job is for you. All kidding aside, the job is a lot harder…
Dec 12, 2013, 1:48 PM PDT
After numerous failed attempts to trade co-anchor Dave Feldman, Ahmed Fareed took a simpler approach and attempted to fleece Oakland Athletics general manager Billy Beane in a sweet trade. It didn’t work out so well.
Sep 17, 2013, 10:36 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics defeated the Los Angeles Angels 2-1 on Wednesday night, to drop their magic number to clinch the American League West to six. The A’s won in walk-off fashion after a bases-loaded hit by Josh Donaldson with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning. The Texas Rangers snapped their seven-game losing…
Aug 26, 2013, 10:28 AM PDT
Here are the top-5 things you may have missed this weekend. Get caught up in one convenient place. Lavelle Hawkins headlines a day of craziness at Candlestick Park, the A’s fight fire with fire by calling up Daric Barton to fix their struggling offense, Brett Pill find a mentor in “The Thrill” and Peyton Manning runs “The Play.”
Aug 12, 2013, 9:01 AM PDT
Here are the top 5 things you may have missed this weekend.
Aug 9, 2013, 9:35 AM PDT
It’s easy to jump to conclusions after one preseason game — but you probably shouldn’t. Bruce Bochy wisely gave the Giants something to play for. The A’s have gone from hunter to hunted. All that and the greatest collection of links, GIFs, images, and videos of the day.
Aug 2, 2013, 7:06 PM PDT
“They are so ugly, but they are so awesome. Awesomely ugly.” Ever wonder how Zubaz became the newest trend in the A’s clubhouse?
Jul 8, 2013, 9:25 AM PDT
Here are the top five things you may have missed this weekend. Why Giants closer Sergio Romo enraged the Giants. How the Bay Area’s baseball teams got snubbed, and why taunting and clowning and opponent is a bad idea.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Water Main Break in Martinez Causes Flooding, Damages Street
- Pavelski, Mulder miss out on lead while Steph gets wet after lost bet
- A's in the thick of a playoff race headed into All-Star break
- Magnitude 3.0 Earthquake Strikes in Castro Valley: USGS
- A's take Bay Bridge Series lead over Giants before All-Star break
- Elon Musk Donates Nearly $40K to Republican PAC: Report
- After two straight losses, Giants looking to regroup during All-Star break
- Driver Seriously Injured in Collision With Train in Newark
- Pavelski finishes third at American Century Championship golf tournament
- A's stay hot before break, take first phase of Bay Bridge Series
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|