Dec 16, 2013, 4:00 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics quest to build a new stadium seems to get more complicated and confusing by the day. That’s an impressive statement when considering they’ve been exploring options for over a decade. While San Jose sues Major League Baseball, Oakland continues to dream up new concepts, and Fremont fades into distant memory, the only…
Dec 6, 2013, 3:59 PM PDT
Oakland Athletics pitchers A.J. Griffin and Sean Doolittle helped spread holiday cheer to humans and animals alike on Thursday. During the A’s annual holiday caravan, the two big league pitchers spent their day giving back to the community in Oakland. The day started at the Oakland Zoo, where they spent two hours signing autographs, taking…
Oct 8, 2013, 1:11 PM PDT
The Bay Area features a few very divided fan bases. The A’s/Giants and 49ers/Raiders share parts of the Bay Area, but these heat maps based on Facebook likes paint an interesting picture about their actual territory. The maps were created by monitoring the cumulative number of people who like the respective pages of the Oakland…
Sep 12, 2013, 9:54 AM PDT
Last year, baseball fans learned that anything can happen in a playoff chase, but according to Baseball Prospectus’ playoff probability charts, the Oakland Athletics currently have a 100 percent chance to make the postseason. That hardly seems foolproof, but it’s a good sign. The A’s made a statement on Wednesday by clobbering the Twins 18-3 at Target Field in…
Sep 3, 2013, 9:40 AM PDT
The Raiders are hoping Terrelle Pryor can run away with the starting quarterback job. How the A’s got a huge assist this holiday weekend, the Warriors show off their shoes, and 49ers great Ronnie Lott falls off a postgame set. Plus, much more. Click for a special edition of ‘A case of the Mondays.’
Aug 21, 2013, 9:22 AM PDT
The Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants continue on with their dueling home stands, except this time they switched roles. Call it a change-up, call it further proof that you can’t predict baseball, call it whatever you want, really. The Giants took down the first-place Boston Red Sox in the most improbable of fashions. After…
Aug 7, 2013, 12:42 PM PDT
Sure, you watch baseball. But do you really watch the ball as much as you think? Find out how many baseballs a Major League teams used in a game and how they are prepared.
Jul 29, 2013, 9:18 AM PDT
Here are the top 5 stories you may have missed this weekend. Find out how the A’s got groovy, the Giants met their enemy, why the Raiders dropped and gave 10, and why Steph Curry had the most interesting weekend ever.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Seahawks fans plan to fly a 'Go Hawks' banner over Candlestick Park on Sunday
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Iguodala, Curry name-dropped in Kevin Hart rap video
- Four 2019 Warriors narratives a year ahead of time
- Andy Reid praises Alex Smith's willingness to help Patrick Mahomes
- Joe Lacob: LeBron to the Lakers is a good thing, but 'I don't really care'
- Projecting the A's postseason roster
- Report: Warriors expected to sign former Cavs guard to Exhibit 10 contract
- Joe Lacob: 'Of course' the Warriors will have to re-recruit Kevin Durant next summer
- Visit a National Park for Free on National Public Lands Day
- City of Alameda Is Latest to Redo Sexist School Dress Code
- SJC Testing High-Tech Security Upgrades Along Fence Line
- Jury Finds Man Guilty in 'Gypsy Hill' Serial Killings
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|