Oct 1, 2013, 1:40 PM PDT
Nobody got more bang for their buck than the Oakland Athletics did in 2013. For a second season in a row, they were the most cost-efficient winning team in Major League Baseball. As frequently as fans check the MLB standings, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the A’s front office kept an equally close eye…
Sep 13, 2013, 5:50 PM PDT
It doesn’t matter if it’s a single, a walk, or a hit by pitch, when the runner gets to first base he can almost always be seen talking to the opposing team’s first baseman. The conversations usually carry on until the runner breaks for second. At times, the runner gets stranded there and a lot…
Sep 10, 2013, 3:09 PM PDT
Only 53 men have the privilege of getting yelled at by 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh on a daily basis. Now, Harbaugh could bring his enthusiastic brand of coaching to your kids’ football team as well. In a new Visa commercial, the 49ers’ head coach is shown giving a spirited lecture to a group of…
Aug 27, 2013, 10:18 AM PDT
Carrie Underwood’s name will once again be associated with football and thankfully it has nothing to do with dating Tony Romo. Underwood is replacing Faith Hill as the singer of NBC’s Sunday Night Football song. Nothing against Hill, but Underwood is an upgrade for obvious reasons. The open will feature the same song, “Waiting All Day…
Aug 24, 2013, 9:33 PM PDT
Orioles All-Star outfielder Adam Jones is a good sport as he tells the story behind the WWE Championship belt that Yoenis Cespedes was wearing after winning the home run derby. He also details his life-long love for wrestling and challenges Oakland Athletics right fielder Josh Reddick to a title-for-title wrestling match. The A’s and Orioles…
Aug 12, 2013, 10:01 AM PDT
There’s a secret two-lane bowling alley inside AT&T Park. That’s not the only hidden surprise in the stadium.
Aug 7, 2013, 12:42 PM PDT
Sure, you watch baseball. But do you really watch the ball as much as you think? Find out how many baseballs a Major League teams used in a game and how they are prepared.
Jul 21, 2013, 8:47 PM PDT
Have you ever wondered how an MLB dugout is prepared for a game? Here’s a behind the scenes look.
Jul 5, 2013, 2:08 PM PDT
Less than an inch can alter the course of history in Major League Baseball. It is imperative that field dimensions are exact and that umpires have a clearly defined boundary to determine whether a ball is fair or foul. So how exactly do they do it?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Ever wonder what it's like to run in the A's Hall of Fame Race?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- This is what it would look like if the NFL sold team logos to sponsors
- Inspiring South Bay Coach Wins Award for Perseverance
- Sharks trade defenseman Justin Braun to Flyers, acquire two draft picks
- Why Warriors' strategy in 2019 NBA Draft could differ from past years
- Raiders' Offseason Was Busy, But Was It Good?
- Niners Offensive Line Coach Still Believes in Garnett
- Warriors lost psychological edge, rest of NBA pouncing at title shot
- NBA rumors: Kawhi Leonard focused on Clippers, not Lakers, in free agency
- San Francisco Weighs 1st US City Ban on E-Cigarette Sales
- How Marcus Semien has thrived as A's everyday leadoff hitter this year
- Tyler Beede, Giants Top Rival Dodgers in LA
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|