Jun 28, 2013, 2:22 PM PDT
Have you ever wondered how far the Coco Lean Bobblehead actually leans? Or how it is made? Or how much plastic it takes to make 15,000 bobbleheads? All of these answers are one click away.
Jun 27, 2013, 12:25 PM PDT
Have you ever wondered what the deal is with that weird pink backpack that A’s reliever Sean Doolittle carries to the bullpen? Or what exactly is inside it? Read more for the answer.
Jun 27, 2013, 11:44 AM PDT
In this edition of Throwback Thursday, find out why Barry Bonds becoming the charter member of the 500/500 club was special for reasons beyond the box score.
Jun 25, 2013, 5:46 PM PDT
Have you ever wondered where those elaborate paintings in left field at the Oakland Coliseum come from? We found the artist.
Jun 24, 2013, 5:20 PM PDT
There’s always a lot going on during the weekend. If you weren’t lucky enough to spend the past two days on the couch, you can catch up on the top five sports items you may have missed here.
Jun 19, 2013, 5:37 PM PDT
It’s Throwback Thursday, and on this week in 1972, the Oakland Athletics Mustache Gang was officially born. Find out what actually led to the A’s trademark facial fuzz.
Jun 17, 2013, 12:02 PM PDT
Welcome to what we’re calling ‘A case of the Mondays.’ Here you can catch up on the top five things you may have missed while you were doing more important stuff over the course of the weekend.
Jun 12, 2013, 11:45 AM PDT
Betcha’ didn’t know that MLB’s all-time saves leader also doubles as a pizza delivery man. Find out why Mariano Rivera surprised an A’s team employee with a meal.
Jun 12, 2013, 11:40 AM PDT
The Oakland Athletics have replaced the Bernie Lean with the Home run Tunnel. We betcha’ don’t know how it actually started… because even the A’s players themselves didn’t know. Click to solve the mystery.
Jun 5, 2013, 6:27 PM PDT
49ers tight end Vernon Davis is a modern-day renaissance man. But is he going from role model to fashion model? We betcha’ didn’t know why Davis was walking the catwalk in a high-end fashion show in San Jose.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Will 49ers have Nick Bosa and his brother Joey on their roster in 2021?
- Can 49ers' Kyle Shanahan replace running back Raheem Mostert?
- MLB opt-out tracker: Every player who has declined to play 2020 season
- Patriots' Cam Newton base salary just half of Raiders' Nathan Peterman
- A's Tony Kemp to join MLB players standing up against systemic racism
- Franklin Barreto ahead in A's second base race, competition remains
- Warriors' Steph Curry champions racial justice at 2020 ACC golf tournament
- WATCH: "Race and Sports in America: Conversations"
- How to watch "Race and Sports in America: Conversations" online, on TV
- A's Jesus Luzardo 'itching to get back' to camp after coronavirus test
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|