Jul 27, 2013, 12:46 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are rocking gold pants, jerseys and golden oldies as they turn back the clock to 1969 on Saturday. Each player is stepping to the plate to a song from the 60s, but a handful of players actually specifically requested a certain song. Since the oldest A’s player, Bartolo Colon, was born in 1974, none of the players were alive when any of these songs came out. It’s impressive that these guys even knew the names of some of these old-school tracks.
Here’s the list of A’s players that specifically requested a song from the 60s and their selections. The guys that didn’t pick a song will be played to the plate or mound by the Oakland Coliseums’s organist.
|Chavez, Jesse||Low Rider||War||start|
|Crisp, Coco||It’s Your Thing||The Isley Brothers||0:05|
|Donaldson, Josh||For What It’s Worth||Buffalo Springfield||start|
|Doolittle, Sean||Heartbreaker||Led Zeppelin||start|
|Freiman, Nate||Pinball Wizard||The Who||0:30|
|Milone, Tommy||Fortunate Son||Creedence Clearwater||start|
|Neshek, Pat||Time Has Come Today||The Chambers Brothers||start|
|Reddick, Josh||Surfin’ Bird||The Trashmen||start|
|Rosales, Adam||Come Together||The Beatles||start|
|Sogard, Eric||The Lion Sleeps Tonight||The Tokens||start|
|Sogard, Eric||Brown Eyed Girl||Van Morrison||start|
|Young, Chris||I Got The Feelin’||James Brown||0:50|
(Hat tip to A’s manager of player and media relations Adam Loberstein for providing the list)
Is anyone surprised that Josh Reddick chose Surfin’ Bird?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
- Kings coming together, earning puncher's chance at making NBA playoffs
- Could Joe Thornton leave Sharks for Maple Leafs in NHL free agency?
- Steph Curry left off Chris Paul's description of ultimate point guard
- Bruce Bochy explains new role with Giants, says Joey Bart is 'real deal'
- Brandon Crawford's family golf tournament continues the fight against ALS
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|