Aug 6, 2013, 5:34 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics were “fartin’ around” with one of the internet’s most
respected ridiculous baseball coaches on Tuesday. Coach Kent Murphy brought his baseball wisdom to the A’s dugout to teach the team the importance of the game’s fundamentals — cheese dogs and dingers.
The division-leading A’s have lost four of their last five games and have been shutout four times over the past 20 games. They need all the help they can get. With that in mind, they welcomed in the comedic coach with open arms.
Coach Murphy arrived and met with his star pupil, Josh Reddick. Surely, the coaching legend had some quality advice for the A’s right fielder. The A’s offense has been struggling lately and as Coach Murphy often professes, more dingers could be the answer.
The coach didn’t seem all that impressed with the A’s new-age pregame training techniques.
The A’s batting practice session was, however, met with Coach Murphy’s approval.
After imparting his wisdom on the A’s, Coach Murphy made his way up to the stands. For some strange reason he wasn’t offered a seat between manager Bob Melvin and bench coach Chip Hale for the game.
Murphy is a character created by comedian Nick Hall. He has a series of (typically NSFW) baseball instructional videos on YouTube that preach the perils of bunting and stretching, and the importance of dingers and cheese dogs.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chiefs' Frank Clark discusses bond with 'big brother' Draymond Green
- Why Patrick Marleau's goal song didn't play in Sharks' win over Ducks
- Richard Sherman has 'no animosity' to 49ers after Jim Harbaugh left
- How 49ers receivers learn from each other regardless of NFL experience
- Shot of the Game: Patrick Marleau ties Mike Modano on all-time goals list
- Richard Sherman explains what makes 49ers' defense so tough to beat
- 49ers' Richard Sherman wanted to put Jim Harbaugh 'out of the league'
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in impressive 4-2 win over Ducks
- Shot of the Game: De'Aaron Fox ties game after missing FT on purpose
- How Kyle Shanahan's relationship with Bill Belichick grew after Super Bowl LI
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|