Aug 9, 2013, 7:31 PM PDT
Rugby and baseball are on two very separate ends of the sports spectrum. It was interesting to see what transpired when cultures collided at AT&T Park, as members of New Zealand’s World Champion All Blacks rugby team met with the World Series Champion Giants.
The rugby players booted the ball from home plate and displayed some passing techniques. The baseball players showed off their pitch grips and hitting skills.
One of the most interesting aspects of this video put together by SFG Productions, is seeing Ryan Vogelsong explain his four-seam fastball grip.
Pablo Sandoval attempting to punt is a close second.
The Kiwis were remarkably proficient with the bats. Conrad Smith, Aaron Smith, Cory Jane and Victor Vito were the All Blacks members on hand. Rugby is New Zealand’s national sport and the first time the All Blacks (the New Zealand national rugby union team) competed was in 1884. The Giants franchise was established in New York in 1883.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chiefs' Frank Clark discusses bond with 'big brother' Draymond Green
- Why Patrick Marleau's goal song didn't play in Sharks' win over Ducks
- Richard Sherman has 'no animosity' to 49ers after Jim Harbaugh left
- How 49ers receivers learn from each other regardless of NFL experience
- Shot of the Game: Patrick Marleau ties Mike Modano on all-time goals list
- Richard Sherman explains what makes 49ers' defense so tough to beat
- 49ers' Richard Sherman wanted to put Jim Harbaugh 'out of the league'
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in impressive 4-2 win over Ducks
- Shot of the Game: De'Aaron Fox ties game after missing FT on purpose
- How Kyle Shanahan's relationship with Bill Belichick grew after Super Bowl LI
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|