Aug 12, 2013, 10:01 AM PDT
Throwing a strike isn’t an act exclusive to the pitchers on the mound when inside AT&T Park in San Francisco. Select fans can also attempt to obtain strikes in an ultra-exclusive two-lane bowling alley on the suite level.
The bowling alley soft launched on Friday and it is part of what the team is calling “The Gotham Club.” In addition to the bowling alley, there’s a bar, pool tables, and game room. If you’re roaming the ballpark, don’t bother trying to find it. It’s behind an obscurely marked door and well guarded.
The only way to get inside is if you are a season ticket holder and a member of a premium club. Anyone that has ever played for the Giants is also automatically a member of the club.
The Gotham Club and its new bowling alley is just one of three exclusive “Gotham” areas that will be hidden inside the ballpark by next season. Next season the Giants will be building a the “Gotham Clubhouse” somewhere in centerfield. They already have the “Gotham Bullpen” in right field.
The clubs were given their Gotham theme to honor the franchises roots as the New York Gothams back in the 1800s. All three of these areas are supposed to duplicate spots that existed inside the Polo Grounds in New York.
Members of the Gotham Club are given access to the swanky off limits areas inside the ballpark and invitations to special team events. Field of Teams requested access to the Gotham Club, but was denied permission to go inside and shoot video of the club.
Several members that were lucky enough to get inside took pictures and posted them on Instagram. Here’s a slideshow of those images.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Mike Ricci opens up about his first month as Sharks assistant coach
- 49ers vs. Packers live stream: How to watch NFL playoff game online, on TV
- 49ers legends weigh in on current team at Letters to 87 event
- Kyle Shanahan describes how Dee Ford impacts entire 49ers defense
- Warriors assign Alen Smailagic to G League ahead of game vs. Magic
- Chiefs vs. Titans live stream: How to watch AFC Championship online, on TV
- 49ers have no injuries heading into NFC Championship Game vs. Packers
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan recalls Mike Pettine tiff, 'most nervous' play call
- Raiders' Derek Carr 'progressed at rapid rate' in 2019, Mike Mayock says
- NHL rumors: Doug Wilson won't disrupt Sharks' core at trade deadline
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|