Aug 12, 2013, 10:01 AM PDT
Throwing a strike isn’t an act exclusive to the pitchers on the mound when inside AT&T Park in San Francisco. Select fans can also attempt to obtain strikes in an ultra-exclusive two-lane bowling alley on the suite level.
The bowling alley soft launched on Friday and it is part of what the team is calling “The Gotham Club.” In addition to the bowling alley, there’s a bar, pool tables, and game room. If you’re roaming the ballpark, don’t bother trying to find it. It’s behind an obscurely marked door and well guarded.
The only way to get inside is if you are a season ticket holder and a member of a premium club. Anyone that has ever played for the Giants is also automatically a member of the club.
The Gotham Club and its new bowling alley is just one of three exclusive “Gotham” areas that will be hidden inside the ballpark by next season. Next season the Giants will be building a the “Gotham Clubhouse” somewhere in centerfield. They already have the “Gotham Bullpen” in right field.
The clubs were given their Gotham theme to honor the franchises roots as the New York Gothams back in the 1800s. All three of these areas are supposed to duplicate spots that existed inside the Polo Grounds in New York.
Members of the Gotham Club are given access to the swanky off limits areas inside the ballpark and invitations to special team events. Field of Teams requested access to the Gotham Club, but was denied permission to go inside and shoot video of the club.
Several members that were lucky enough to get inside took pictures and posted them on Instagram. Here’s a slideshow of those images.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Race in America: Why David West fears leaving his house without ID
- What Steph Curry's protest appearance meant to Juan Toscano-Anderson
- NBA draft rumors: Top prospect Anthony Edwards, Warriors yet to meet
- NBA rumors: Kevin Durant will not return for remainder of Nets' season
- Race in America: Rep. Eric Swalwell praises Steve Kerr for speaking up
- Race in America: Warriors' Steve Kerr has 'great faith' in young generation
- Why Warriors could benefit from unique 2019-20 NBA season calendar
- Why Steve Kerr believes NBA will allow Warriors to hold 'minicamp'
- NBA restart: Winners, losers from league's 22-team return-to-play plan
- What if A's hadn't traded Yoenis Cespedes for Jon Lester back in 2014?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|