Aug 14, 2013, 9:20 AM PDT
Who doesn’t like seeing their favorite macho sports hero in funny, yet fashionable, clothes? Colin Kaepernick became the latest Bay Area sports star to get the GQ Magazine treatment and the results were as predicted — magnificent.
Here’s one of eight photos posted in a slideshow on GQ’s website. It’s hardly Buster Posey in short-pants, but it’ll do. Kaepernick is shown rocking Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Michael Kors, Nike Pro Combat, and showing plenty of skin and ink. The 49ers’ franchise quarterback will be donning the cover of the September issue of the magazine.
There’s even a video of Kap wearing some of the outfits while conducting an interview.
Kaepernick, by all accounts, has completely taken over the team as a leader. His teammates say he has improved so dramatically that it’s like “night and day.” It looks like his fashion sense has improved as well. And lets face it, as long as he isn’t wearing a Miami Dolphins hat, the 49ers Faithful will be happy.
At 25, and in his third NFL season, it’s a fair expectation that Kaepernick will continue to improve under center. Last season he threw for 10 touchdowns with only three interceptions, and rushed for 415 yards and five touchdowns. He should be a force for the 49ers, and it looks like he’ll do it in style.
Time for some links.
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warriors' 2020 second-round draft pick from Mavericks is No. 48 overall
- Vlade Divac steps down as Kings GM; Joe Dumars takes interim role
- 49ers adding Tavon Austin, J.J. Nelson mounts pressure on Dante Pettis
- Giants plan to add player names to back of home jerseys in 2021 season
- 49ers' Arik Armstead identifies areas in which he can be better in 2020
- Haberstroh: Who will Bulls target after Jim Boylen’s firing?
- Giants vs. A's MLB live stream: How to watch Battle of the Bay online, on TV
- Raiders' Marcus Mariota 'dazzling' Jon Gruden so far in training camp
- Why Warriors shouldn't be concerned about Suns' undefeated bubble run
- A's Frankie Montas scratched vs. Giants, Jesús Luzardo will start
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|