Aug 19, 2013, 3:47 PM PDT
You’ll be happy to know that NBA stars Stephen Curry and James Harden are sticking to basketball after their recent Footlocker commercial.
The ad that went viral on YouTube recently, features Harden as a singer and Curry as a music producer. The Warriors’ guard was blunt with his comments when asked recently if Harden has a shot at making it in the music industry.
“You want me to be straight up about it? No.” Curry said in an interview with NBA.com. “He had some bright spots, but we have some work to do with him.”
Curry also admitted that he has no shot at ever being a music producer. If the one horrific verse they played in the commercial isn’t enough, or you’re interested in experimenting with self mutilation, there’s actually a full version of the song “Harden Soul” online.
You don’t have to be an audiophile to know that Curry isn’t simply downplaying his musical mastery. Check out his rap verse in this video that was made when he was attending Davidson College.
Good thing he is amazing at basketball and has a fantastic sense of humor.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Mike Ricci opens up about his first month as Sharks assistant coach
- 49ers vs. Packers live stream: How to watch NFL playoff game online, on TV
- 49ers legends weigh in on current team at Letters to 87 event
- Kyle Shanahan describes how Dee Ford impacts entire 49ers defense
- Warriors assign Alen Smailagic to G League ahead of game vs. Magic
- Chiefs vs. Titans live stream: How to watch AFC Championship online, on TV
- 49ers have no injuries heading into NFC Championship Game vs. Packers
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan recalls Mike Pettine tiff, 'most nervous' play call
- Raiders' Derek Carr 'progressed at rapid rate' in 2019, Mike Mayock says
- NHL rumors: Doug Wilson won't disrupt Sharks' core at trade deadline
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|