Field of Links: A’s finally solve Verlander, Pence hammers home his point, Reid learns he’s starting from CSN
Aug 28, 2013, 9:15 AM PDT
“Obviously, I wasn’t very good,” Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander said, after allowing five runs over five innings in a 6-3 loss to the Oakland Athletics on Tuesday. Oh, to have heard those words from him after Game Five of the ALDS.
After the Tigers’ ace tortured and humbled the A’s to the tune of a 6-0 record and 0.63 ERA over his last six starts against them, the green and gold finally broke through. Verlander single-handedly ended the A’s season last year. He handed them two losses in the American League Division Series, including a gut wrenching Game Five shutout that derailed a surging Oakland squad that had clawed back from an 0-2 deficit in the five-game series.
It’s not October, and it was a rain-shortened game, but the A’s sure will take it. Handing one of the toughest teams back-to-back losses on their turf is huge for the A’s right now. They were struggling mightily over their last six series. Call it the Barton Effect.
In this same spot on Tuesday, it was written that Hunter Pence needs to remain a Giant after this season. He hammered home that point.
That’s what the biggest home run of the season looks like. It comes a day after he embedded his entire body into the right field wall trying to make a play on defense. If that isn’t a “Gamer,” what is? And the Giants sure love their “Gamers.”
Here’s the full video of Pence’s home run.
Comcast SportsNet is known for breaking Bay Area news, but this takes it to another level. Watch this video of 49ers first-round pick Eric Reid learning that he won the starting job from our own Mindi Bach.
You don’t need Mindi Bach to tell you to check out the links below, right?
Field of Links:
— Who cares if this is out of context? It’s hilarious.
— The people running away are probably going much faster
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- How George Kittle's 49ers contract could be affected by fan-less NFL games
- Why Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw are huge keys to 49ers' elite defense
- NBA rumors: Kings on shortlist for potential playoff play-in tournament
- Cal grad Ryan Murphy pushes car as part of Olympic swimming training
- Steph Curry, Steve Kerr among sports stars outraged by George Floyd death
- This stat shows how 49ers were most balanced team in NFL last season
- Kendrick Perkins claims he doesn't hate Steph Curry despite recent takes
- Raiders begin UNLV turf installation to play on at Allegiant Stadium
- Why Max Kellerman believes Kevin Durant still needs to prove greatness
- Giants Insider Podcast: Javier Lopez on pitching to Barry Bonds
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|