Sep 4, 2013, 6:40 PM PDT
They are in supreme physical condition, both posed for ESPN The Magazine’s Body Issue, share an affinity for tattoos, and at one point, a tweet was sent from one to another. Apparently, that’s enough to ask a TMZ-style question about relationship status during a football interview.
On Wednesday, at 49ers headquarters in Santa Clara, a reporter asked quarterback Colin Kaepernick to address the rumors that he’s dating USA Soccer star Sydney Leroux. Like most of Kaepernick’s answers, it was abrupt. “Not my girlfriend,” he said.
Here’s the tweet that had some people guessing that Kap might soon change his Facebook status from “It’s complicated” to “In a relationship” (does he even have a facebook page?).
Leroux’s Bruins ended up blowing out Kaepernick’s Wolfpack 58-20. He does get he edge on her in one key category, though. Here’s a tweet from last May, proving that she and Kaepernick have been seen together at the same place at the same time.
Again, this still doesn’t mean they are dating. And isn’t that former Kim Kardashian beau Kris Humphries? Kaepernick didn’t respond to the tweet.
Here’s the line of questioning:
On a personal note, there was a lady who scored four goals for team USA’s soccer team last night, Sydney Leroux. There was a report that said you guys were dating.
Kaepernick: “What’s your question?”
My question is were you watching? Is she your girlfriend?
Kaepernick: “Not my girlfriend. I didn’t see the game. I was working.”
It’s hard to blame anyone for trying to swerve the typically guarded quarterback in a media setting.
Leroux has been linked to Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt in the past, which means a precedent has been set. You know, since we are jumping to conclusions and all. Here’s some behind the scenes video of Leroux’s ESPN The Magazine Body Issue shoot. For context, yeah. Context, that’s important here.
Ladies, we didn’t forget you. There’s also video of Kap’s photo shoot. The public will be kept guessing while Kaepernick and the 49ers get set to take on the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. In the meantime, here are some pictures from Leroux’s ESPN photo shoot for research reasons.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chiefs' Frank Clark discusses bond with 'big brother' Draymond Green
- Why Patrick Marleau's goal song didn't play in Sharks' win over Ducks
- Richard Sherman has 'no animosity' to 49ers after Jim Harbaugh left
- How 49ers receivers learn from each other regardless of NFL experience
- Shot of the Game: Patrick Marleau ties Mike Modano on all-time goals list
- Richard Sherman explains what makes 49ers' defense so tough to beat
- 49ers' Richard Sherman wanted to put Jim Harbaugh 'out of the league'
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in impressive 4-2 win over Ducks
- Shot of the Game: De'Aaron Fox ties game after missing FT on purpose
- How Kyle Shanahan's relationship with Bill Belichick grew after Super Bowl LI
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|